New boots!

Members online

JessThePlasterer

Queen Jess Elizabeth I
my new , according to @Dropsalot , teeny weeny boots arrived!!

Out with old in with the new! Does anyone else let their boots get this bad before throwing them out?

Attachments

• IMG_0306.JPG
    IMG_0306.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 307
No, but the requirements for the work I do are slightly different so it's more of a safety/comfort thing than an appearance issue. Plus I usually have two or three pairs on the go for different work. Timberland Pro are the best I've found for general stuff, Dr Martens for inside and rigger boots for groundwork/bricklaying stuff.

New boots are hellish expensive these days, way more than they used to be (by comparison).

What are the Timbe
No, but the requirements for the work I do are slightly different so it's more of a safety/comfort thing than an appearance issue. Plus I usually have two or three pairs on the go for different work. Timberland Pro are the best I've found for general stuff, Dr Martens for inside and rigger boots for groundwork/bricklaying stuff.

New boots are hellish expensive these days, way more than they used to be (by comparison).

What are the Timberland boots like weight wise? Mine are by Portwest and best ive ever owned but too heavy.
20180113_132430.jpg
20180113_132410.jpg

my new , according to @Dropsalot , teeny weeny boots arrived!!

Out with old in with the new! Does anyone else let their boots get this bad before throwing them out?
Not wore out at the toe, but I had a pair that were tied with a bit of wire to hold them in, and the foreman actually told me to get a new pair of boots and he'd keep an eye on me as the ones I was wearing couldn't have been good for my feet lol I have gri sport ones, most comfortable boot I've owned, have them over 2 years, had to change insole once and laces recently, and I've a brand new pair ready and waiting, but there is plenty of life in them ones yet. Not a rip in them. I had thought they were squashing my toes now is why I got the new ones, but it turned out my trainers were too tight, when I loosened them at the bottom my sore toes got better.

What are the Timberland boots like weight wise? Mine are by Portwest and best ive ever owned but too heavy.

They're lighter than the Dr Martens, and I'd rate them as the best boots I've had. I did um and ah for a while because they're pricey, but I'm on my feet all day so I took the plunge and I'm glad I did. (y)

Think you've been done jess?
That's an odd pair they've sent you:(
Def been done over these are not tims no wonder they were £30! :rayos: Lol.

On closer inspection they're pretty s**t but whatevs. I should start my own womens wear company! I'll see how bothered I feel when this hangover clears up

I’m due a new pair. Usually get the Dewalt ones from Costco.
Ideally I want something light but still got steel toes. Don’t want to look like Herman Munster but don’t want to look like Vince with his Nike superfly illuminous slam dunk Basketball sneakers.
Any suggestions?!

Enge
I’m due a new pair. Usually get the Dewalt ones from Costco.
Ideally I want something light but still got steel toes. Don’t want to look like Herman Munster but don’t want to look like Vince with his Nike superfly illuminous slam dunk Basketball sneakers.
Any suggestions?!

Engelbert strauss have a great selection on thier website but most are a bit pricey.

I've got a pair of merrall boots, they look like they almost got steel caps but haven't.

sort of a cross between hiking boots and work boots very comfy light and flexible. warm as hell too

they were about 60 sheets from a hiking shop.

I've had a pair of these for a year now which for me is really good.
Quite light and importantly for me they have decent wrap over toe protection, which is where I destroy most boots.
fc9516brown.jpg

I've probably reached my life time limit in regards to boot posts but just in case... Love me some Chippewa boots, one pair for inside work, meetings, general around town and shine em up for the odd wedding. Another pair in dark brown for funerals, visa meetings and very rarely court, not for work unless said work falls on same day as funeral. Finally a pair of red wings for rendering, block, brick and stone work and a pair of caterpillars for concrete work. I live in those Chippewas, if I was a "jogger" I'd run in em too. The cats and the redwings are heavy due to the massive amount of steel in them but I've had them for many years and I'm accustomed to it. One of these days maybe I'll try some of those flashy crosses between hiking boots and trainers but I'm just not ready to change. By the way love the pink laces.

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5S) en utilisant Tapatalk

My dad would have probably got a bit more wear out of them, if they were his. Amazing what a bit of packing tape can do...scruffy b*****d!
Yeah mines the same and I take after him! He used to super glue my sisters old school shoes and leave them in a vice in the garage overnight so I could get further wear out of them! Got ripped for those shoes! :rolleyes: