Nella premium trowels are the new premium trowels more flexible

Members online

Gevo

Hi everyone are the new premium trowels more flexible have an old one it's very rigid well made but not as flexible as mt

I've got one about 18 months old, it's a trusty steed. Quite rigid needs a good breaking in. It will outlast my mt no doubt. Not sure what the new premiums are like and there is also a carbon nela now, don't know how that compares?

I've got one about 18 months old, it's a trusty steed. Quite rigid needs a good breaking in. It will outlast my mt no doubt. Not sure what the new premiums are like and there is also a carbon nela now, don't know how that compares?
Got a nela Carbon on hold for me at P1SS , I'm a mucker for getting new trowels, can't help myself

Hi everyone are the new premium trowels more flexible have an old one it's very rigid well made but not as flexible as mt

The new Premium is pretty much the same, however, the grinding process has changed allowing the trowel to be broken in quicker

Cab anyone recommend a trowel sort of in between a s*p*r*lex or nela flex and a premium trowel. Is it just the marshalltown duraflex or is there any other out there? I have flex trowels to finish and a couple refina premium but they are very rigid always seem to end up with the trusty old marshaltown cheers

The new Premium is pretty much the same, however, the grinding process has changed allowing the trowel to be broken in quicker

Thats good news ryan. I gave up on my premium. Used it for a few months but after the initial excitement it never quite felt worn in still so gave up on it and went back to an MT.

Genuine question though. The medi is a great trowel but im sick to death of the nicks in it, my mate has also sacked his off and gone back to a refina as he's convinced they don't nick nearly as much. Are they made of the same grade steel and its nostalga or are the medi's softer? I've never been a refina fan, can't stand the handles on em but the medi's do seem to nick really easy- in my experience at least

I think I remember @Olican mentioning he broke in his nela premium on a wet stone and slate, is it a good skimmer Oli? Or mainly a rendering trowel?

I think I remember @Olican mentioning he broke in his nela premium on a wet stone and slate, is it a good skimmer Oli? Or mainly a rendering trowel?

In the start I just used my NP for render..it felt solid so thought it was great for knocking snots off blockwork and chucking sand&cement up a wall. Then I gave it a sharpen up now it's my preferred trowel for laying up multi. It's like an old stainless steel extralite, I first coat and first rub with it then two with a carbon

Yeah breaking these premium trowels is a chore supposed you just have to abuse them for a while then give em a bit of tlc to get em something like. I'm just after something in between a flexi and a premium. Can you 1st and 2nd coat with a nela medi or refina mk2 or are they just for the trowel up

Thats good news ryan. I gave up on my premium. Used it for a few months but after the initial excitement it never quite felt worn in still so gave up on it and went back to an MT.

Genuine question though. The medi is a great trowel but im sick to death of the nicks in it, my mate has also sacked his off and gone back to a refina as he's convinced they don't nick nearly as much. Are they made of the same grade steel and its nostalga or are the medi's softer? I've never been a refina fan, can't stand the handles on em but the medi's do seem to nick really easy- in my experience at least

One shouldn't nick more than another in all honesty mate. From what NELA have told me they use a higher grade steel compared to others - but I can't be 100% sure on that.

That's a shame I like the premium that it's hard to brake in as I have 7 skimming trowels. Can see why skimmers want it to brake in quick. But if u do a lot of render by hand f**k that.

My nela medi has only nicked once or twice, luckily enough. Actually having more bother with my MT skimmer nicking atm. My old boss used medi to lay on and trowel, personally only final pass for me, or last two if walls are in good shape. Ie not over bonding if it's blistery etc the medi won't take them out properly. That's my opinion anyways

Come on vincey don't keep me in suspense what do you think of the new trowel?
Mate I well peed off , got all excited this morning and had to work later , going to pick it up on Thursday now definitely, on the plus side I'm stocked up on vinegar and coke ready , I'll post it up Thursday mate

Mate I well peed off , got all excited this morning and had to work later , going to pick it up on Thursday now definitely, on the plus side I'm stocked up on vinegar and coke ready , I'll post it up Thursday mate
Devastating news :crying:

Devastating news :crying:
:hola: :hola: :hola:

IMG_2744.JPG
IMG_2745.JPG
IMG_2747.JPG

Very smart vincey, think I'll purchase one soon, looking at my carbon mt today and it is ever so slightly starting to kink in the wrong direction :crying: it's not even 12 months old yet. I keep it boxed up every night and it's well looked after so I'm pretty disappointed.

Hi vincey is that new nella carbon more flexible than the stainless? Looks a nice trowel mate iam trying to order one no one has 13inch in stock where did you get yours

A carbon trowel is the only trowel I have never owned... I was looking at one close up the other day and it looks and feels pucker :D

A carbon trowel is the only trowel I have never owned... I was looking at one close up the other day and it looks and feels pucker :D

They really are the nuts, keen to try the nela carbon to see how it compares