Nela trowel

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richmorts

Just wondered how every was finding the trowel. I have only used a few times but find it great. Just wanted to know if everyone was adding water when finishing because a couple of times it seemed to leave drag marks unless I use water???

Hi @Richmorts,

If you need to sue water then use it :) When using the s*p*r*lex I tend to not need it but sometimes when I am feeling a bit stretched I need to splash/spray a little :)

Welcome to the forum by the way :) I am just going back to see if I missed anyone :)

Danny

Last edited:
Used to hate them but love them now ...depends how I catch it sometimes the water from cleaning the edge is enough but if not just a little brush where I'm going to trowel. It's leaving a nice flawless uniform pink finish when dry for me . Living the dream:)

Used to hate them but love them now ...depends how I catch it sometimes the water from cleaning the edge is enough but if not just a little brush where I'm going to trowel. It's leaving a nice flawless uniform pink finish when dry for me . Living the dream:)

I remember that post about teaching old do g new tricks :) I am genuinely pleased you stuck with it :)

Now we need to get you on the speedskim or Eze spat :)

Could be someone else ...I did moan a lot bout the flex but totally change my opinion on them . I've always loved the speedos never tryed the spats maybe 2016 I've had enough of trying new tools for a bit lol . I think the flex gives a mint matt finish nice and uniform

Yeh I find if you shined up a wall with the flex its different to shining it up with a mt .the mt is more missis show rather with the flex its just a clean shine and the gear is still wet . It's like when you lay up multi you see a slight reflection .still learning a lot because I'm still a pretty young age but I use just trowel and trowel til it felt smooth like glass because that was the way I was taught but I now trowel to a uniform matt finish . Takes more skill to leave a flat matt finish than just keep trowling and grind out any imperfections sand end up polishing the wall .

Could be someone else ...I did moan a lot bout the flex but totally change my opinion on them . I've always loved the speedos never tryed the spats maybe 2016 I've had enough of trying new tools for a bit lol . I think the flex gives a mint matt finish nice and uniform

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1419722405.946657.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.