Nela s*p*r*lex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daviebhoy

just ordered the Nela s*p*r*lex trowel I've been using the marshaltown for last 13 years so what's expected from this trowel? When do you use it ? Is it the last rub
Or just before then . Hope it's a decent trowel

There is a lot said they are only good for the last trowel bla bla etc etc but if timed right you can use it early and I have done at times with some great results much like people use the eze spat from start to finish and that is more flexible than the sf. The reason people struggle is there is far less margin for error than with a mt trowel, if you do try to get on it early and you catch it slightly late then this is where the problems occur, I find this method is ok for smaller sets when you have pleanty of time.also I think the newer sf has helped in this. On larger sets I use it for the last two trowels now and if ever the finish starts to catch me out il only use it for the last trowel. Persevere and you will find your own method to suit your style of plastering.

just ordered the Nela s*p*r*lex trowel I've been using the marshaltown for last 13 years so what's expected from this trowel? When do you use it ? Is it the last rub
Or just before then . Hope it's a decent trowel
A great trowel in the right hands.I think they can make a good plasterers life a lot easier but will not do anything for chancers,which is great!.You won't be long getting used to it.Just remember they are very delicate,let one drop and say goodbye to it.

My mate bought one last week and I did some jointing with it. Was really impressed with it. Going to get myself one.

the best thing to do is just use it... you will ssus it out :D

Some flatten in with it... some only do the final wipe... its all down to you and how you work :)

You will hate it at first............ then grow to love it :D

Haha cheers for the feed back used it this morning and went on it to early lol I was cracking up ready for tossing it away :muyenojado: but I let it take up and went again get I was Fckn delighted really impressed with it makes my marshaltown look s**t n I never though you would get better than a marshaltown but Nela pisses all over it imo

Haha cheers for the feed back used it this morning and went on it to early lol I was cracking up ready for tossing it away :muyenojado: but I let it take up and went again get I was Fckn delighted really impressed with it makes my marshaltown look s**t n I never though you would get better than a marshaltown but Nela pisses all over it imo
Mate today I took in room all my trowels I love my nela and I love my speed skim ..always had a Marshall town Tuesday I got a new nela and a new plastic trowel ...thinking to myself on way home I have got to stop buying new trowels for abit now running out of space in the flipping van

I got the 16" and midget and they are cracking but remember to only use them when your flattening in, I usually throw it on with my marshal town and then do my first flatten once that is done I jump on the s*p*r*lex. you get a great finish and less mess I have found because you need less water.
10/10 here

the adhesive has come loose and my handle come away from the blade any . Adhesive out there i shops what would be waterproof and stick metal together cheers

The video needed a better soundtrack...
Maybe " shes got it ....yeah baby shes got it".

Or " if I could reach the stars id give them all to you....if I could turn back time"

scottie post: 902523 said:
They must be good even the refina reps on board.:rayos:.

To be fair tho It look ready for tilling using a rubi 900 xl tile cutter and a refinela notched trowel for the addy..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.