NELA s*p*r*lex Trowels - Reviews Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
i used the nela for rendering today had to finish off the front of some flats we are working on although i had to use a mt for a little while because ash nicked my nela to do some skimming then gave it back later cos hed nicked my s*p*r*lex for finishing haha, the trowel does feel well balanced although one bad point i did find:-( when i opened it the blade was ever so slightly bent the wrong way but it took me 2 mins the next day when i was at work to get it back again but other than that i am very impressed with it, especially like the rivet grouping on the nose and heel of the trowel

Hi Flynnyman, biggest size will be the 16". The manufacturers believe there could be a decrease in quality if they go bigger and want to keep things at the top :)

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

i think if you went bigger than a 16 on a s*p*r*lex you would get alot of judder from the nose of the trowel:RpS_thumbup:

I've done more demolition and 1st fix joinery in the last 3 weeks than i have Plastering so that's me oot:RpS_crying:

Your in with a shout Adam! Everyone is :) numbers are limited though. Have you got a super flex already? These are the people we are looking for

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App
I have a s*p*r*lex and willing to give it a go:RpS_thumbup:
I wasnt over keen on it at first so im interested in how this one fares.

Is there a reason for the 4.3" width? I use a 14x4 Marshalltpwn and I'm just wondering if there's much difference handling wise in the widths? I can't imagine there is with it being just a quarter of an inch

only takes a little while to get used to it when my refina s*p*r*lex turned up i was supprised about the width and it did feel a little cumbersome at first but soon got round it, itll be all down to how adaptable to change you are

Thanks Jace,I've been using Marshalltown all my life and had never heard of any other trowel until I joined this forum. The Refina seems to be popping up quite a bit so I'm really interested in trying one of those!

Thanks Jace,I've been using Marshalltown all my life and had never heard of any other trowel until I joined this forum. The Refina seems to be popping up quite a bit so I'm really interested in trying one of those!

at the moment mate my advice wait for these nela s*p*r*lex reviews then you can make a decision i love my refina s*p*r*lex but they as far as i know are the only manufacturer selling a "s*p*r*lex" but the nela could be just as good if not mabey better who knows, i can tell you the nela build quality is fantastic so if they have got the blade right it could be a real competitor with the refina:RpS_thumbup:

i do love my superfex as well better than the spazzyflex that i broke after 3 weeks :RpS_cursing:

yeah my plazzy broke well the 20 delaminated straight away and the 14..........................is just shite, i liked my piss plastic as most people seem to but some ******* stole it, still got a spare blade for it in the lock up though haha:RpS_thumbup:.
this new s*p*r*lex is gonna come down to the blade ultimatly i already like the handle spine and tang and they are put together well but from the pictures we can see the plate that sits under the spine but on the blade is larger than the refina plate, will this hamper or improve the flex and performance of the trowel or not??

i tend not to go above 14" its a size im familiar with:RpS_wink: anything bigger is just a Facking hero trowel

Would love to try on of these ryan, I could pass it round to my dad, brother and other guys as well to see what they think.

Have 9000m2 of multi to put it through its paces on as well as 3000m2 of premix. Would do some pics and vids of it aswell as a proper review. We use plazies and spats so would be good to see what these flexible trowels are like.

Would love to try on of these ryan, I could pass it round to my dad, brother and other guys as well to see what they think.

Have 9000m2 of multi to put it through its paces on as well as 3000m2 of premix. Would do some pics and vids of it aswell as a proper review. We use plazies and spats so would be good to see what these flexible trowels are like.
just a days work :RpS_unsure:

i would like to get my hands on a 24" swimming pool super plazzy flex trowel with a memory foam handle and a carbon fiber tang man:RpS_thumbup:

i tend not to go above 14" its a size im familiar with:RpS_wink: anything bigger is just a Facking hero trowel
I have to agree with this..... I tried a 16" once and just couldn't get to grips with it at all.. I feel I can get more power and a better finish from a 14" but every man to his own and all that!

just a days work :RpS_unsure:

yep things are busy busy at the moment. involved in 28000m2 of mp75 ceilings to pre exsisting concrete. 35mm thick so that will keep us busy for a few hours

Forgot to add we are topping it in mpfinish so a few more meters to test a s*p*r*lex on :rolleyes)

Last edited:
yep things are busy busy at the moment. involved in 28000m2 of mp75 ceilings to pre exsisting concrete. 35mm thick so that will keep us busy for a few hours

Forgot to add we are topping it in mpfinish so a few more meters to test a s*p*r*lex on :rolleyes)

Has it had Betakontakt onto the concrete first?

Batten and board it :)

I have used the Ref. s*p*r*lex and would give an honest review of this. This looks like another good product.

Status
Not open for further replies.