Nela premium trowel

Members online

Moving from Nela to Ox , the fabric wears out and it becomes a throwaway ! Could be storing it in the leather when wet, f**k knows ? Bought an Ox flex last week and also recon its better, it won't pan out too as its all metal .

Moving from Nela to Ox , the fabric wears out and it becomes a throwaway ! Could be storing it in the leather when wet, f**k knows ? Bought an Ox flex last week and also recon its better, it won't pan out too as its all metal .
It’s also still made by NELA……

The “fabric” wearing out shouldn’t mean it’s a throwaway, it’s an added level of support for the bonded blade.

It’s also still made by NELA……

The “fabric” wearing out shouldn’t mean it’s a throwaway, it’s an added level of support for the bonded blade.
No mate , they pan out , takes a couple of years tnh . If you look along the edge its f**k*d, lost its ridge, bend in the middle. Not worth the risk imo.

Do you rate it mate ?
I do, more over than the new marshal towns. It took a bit to break it in properly but I’m happy with it now use it from start to finish. I did use those bin trowels for a bit that Vincey recommended they was ok for a while but strangely started going out of shape. I think the best thing about the Nela is if you phone Ryan and tell him it’s fcuked he’ll replace it no worries even if you’ve had it a few years

I’ve got a nela carbon 13” that I’ve had for a year or so after I noticed MT carbon rivets were looking a bit iffy.
Used it at start of set and found it stiffer.
Didn’t like it at first but persisted as I’m tight and glad I did as after breaking in (longer than MT) I find it’s better on the final trowel.

No I got the nela black premium . Nice but not straight out of box like it's meant to be.
Only bought one because my van got nicked so had to start somewhere and thought it would be a change. Got the van back and the trowels were still there, most anyway, tucked at the back in a long bucket. So never got round to using it, mate. You like what you know eh. Seemed like it would need some working in though, stiff as f**k, a bit like myself, on a good day ! :ROFLMAO:

Bought one two weeks ago 14" , was first time I'd used them mate. F*****g definitely the dogs !!! Was well impressed at how good it was, that's me on Ox now, going to replace the Nela's, their all going warped anyway mate .
All flex trowels will warp over time, it’s a 0.3mm blade - if your NELA did it. Your Ox will also - NELA make the OX!