Need a plasterer in London N19, 50 square m ceilings, in about 2-3 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

clare

Hi,

I posted on here before and was amazed at so many helpful and funny responses.

I have an ex council flat in Archway N19. Ground floor. I will need my ceilings plastered.

Right now they are not that bobbly artex. maybe 1-3mm max. I'm advised it contains a bit of asbestos from the council tenant upstairs. I can't overboard easily as the ceilings are concrete, and don't want to either as want to keep the height I already have.

Honestly I am happy to leave them as they are as the artex is in good condition.

However, I am having a bunch of other work done, so may as well get this done too if I can get a good quote.

I had a plasterer lined up and he just vanished the last 2 days so posting here in case he doesn't turn up again, he's always answered his phone until now!

There will be these separate areas ready for you by the time you come:

hallway: approx 3x1m
bed 1: approx 4.3 x 3.2m
bed 2 : approx 4 x 2.5 m
lounge / kitchen/ diner : approx 4 x 4m
bathroom : approx 3 x 2 m

not added all that up but everything except the bathroom comes to 47 square metres as I measured it for flooring.

I'll say right now that my last guy quoted me £500 all in for the whole flat, so unless you can come close to that and still do a good job please don't get in touch with silly London prices.

I can buy you a nice bacon sarnie or lunch across the road, make you tea, be nice, pay you on time in cash, pay for materials if you want or just bring me receipts, give you parking permits (or come on a weekend whenever suits you, evenings are fine by me too as I don't think plastering makes much noise does it?!) - and just be sound with you. I intend to buy more property after this one and hope to build a team of good reliable sensible priced tradespeople I can call on each time I need to. :)

So if anyone can help me please get in touch. I guess we need to do this before we lay the floor, after we put up the partition wall to make bed 2, happy to take your advice in when you need to come in, as so far the job has just been ripping stuff out, nothing has been put back in yet, so want to get it all done in good time...

I have a big tub of PVA that my last thread on here advised me to treat the ceiling with prior to any plastering, not done this yet, will discuss with anyone interested. Postcode to see if its a good location for you is N19 5XA.

please let me know if you are interested... thank you.

Clare :)

hmm my last post didnt post. you can email me at clare *at* intelligentaudio.net - please make sure you spell clare right with no I - CLARE ... :) want to post my mobile number but not sure about doing it on a public forum, I get enough PPI crank calls as it is...

if its safe to post a mobile number here please advise.. cheers and hope to hear from you. Clare :)

Thanks for posting this up :)

I will lock the thread now as all details have been left :)

Thanks again

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.