Need A New Trowel For Skimming, Suggestions??

Members online

roryston

Need a new skimming trowel loves.

My current one was a hand me down off a retired spread that he give me about 7 years ago. One of the very first MT stainless steel's.

It's a lovley trowel but is rather banana shaped now.

I want a trowel for using for the whole set, laying, flattening and finishing it, not really into all this lay with one, flatten with one and finish with another.

Any suggestions?

Xx

Just got a new permashape mt stainless steel a few months ago not sanded corners at all and it's getting nice now.
I've down graded my trowel collection in van to 2 mt and Speedskim set.

Just got a new permashape mt stainless steel a few months ago not sanded corners at all and it's getting nice now.
I've down graded my trowel collection in van to 2 mt and Speedskim set.
What about all the bloody supeflex's n all that game u knocked it on the head now ??

Cant believe these stupid questions are still being asked unless your touting for freebies?? Dont blame you (if thats what your doing) how long have you been plastering for?? If over 5years id be embarrassed asking that

Got new 13" MT yesterday off eBay difference between a banana shaped one n new one cut thru plaster piss easy even on today didnt use f**k all else bar the speedskim

Need a new skimming trowel loves.

My current one was a hand me down off a retired spread that he give me about 7 years ago. One of the very first MT stainless steel's.

It's a lovley trowel but is rather banana shaped now.

I want a trowel for using for the whole set, laying, flattening and finishing it, not really into all this lay with one, flatten with one and finish with another.

Any suggestions?

Xx

Carbon steel Marshall town extra lite, whetstone, piece of slate and a barbers strop (get the strop and whetstone off eBay Amazon etc) spend an hour or so with it , soak in vinegar, clean off with a little bicarbonate, keep dry end of day , nothing better. Since I learned this off husbands choice @beddy and the very sexual @Hicky I have become obsessed with sharpening trowels. Been skimming industrial units with lots of metres, these sharpened trowels finish beautifully, second pass feels like your third [emoji106]

Got my apprentice an ox and am well impressed.... i woulds defo get one myself...
Was looking at those myself I thought they looked good, need a new sand cement trowel was thinking of trying one as their other tools are quality looking.

Cant believe these stupid questions are still being asked unless your touting for freebies?? Dont blame you (if thats what your doing) how long have you been plastering for?? If over 5years id be embarrassed asking that

Not after freebies at all mate.

I've had the same skim trowel for 7 years, I've used plaziflex and loved then hated it.

I've had two main roughing trowels one mt stainless that I stupidly dropped and now I got a mt carbon that is wonderful.

I dont want to go out and spend £50 each on a few trowels to try them out then decide against it.

Theres a lot of trowels out there and I don't want to try them all, just want to see the opinions on the current ones from people like us who use them everyday.

I probably will buy another mt but I like to see what's suggested.

I've had the same skim trowel for 7 years, I've used plaziflex and loved then hated it.

I've had two main roughing trowels one mt stainless that I stupidly dropped and now I got a mt carbon that is wonderful.

I dont want to go out and spend £50 each on a few trowels to try them out then decide against it.

Theres a lot of trowels out there and I don't want to try them all, just want to see the opinions on the current ones from people like us who use them everyday.

Mt Extralite but be prepared to "break it in" the Mt preworns are bloody awful so refina or nela ?? Choice is yours? Why not try a couple as what works for one does not necessarily for another? ?

:lol:
Put it on with a flipping ragni it don't matter as soon as the speed skim 600 comes out
:bailando:

That's all a man needs in his life

:bananahappy:

To much choice these days , stick to what you know works best for you and don't get drawn into all the guff .

Carbon steel Marshall town extra lite, whetstone, piece of slate and a barbers strop (get the strop and whetstone off eBay Amazon etc) spend an hour or so with it , soak in vinegar, clean off with a little bicarbonate, keep dry end of day , nothing better. Since I learned this off husbands choice @beddy and the very sexual @Hicky I have become obsessed with sharpening trowels. Been skimming industrial units with lots of metres, these sharpened trowels finish beautifully, second pass feels like your third [emoji106]

A lot of f**k**g about that.

JUst use the bloody trowel instead of all that f**k**g about

The difference now with trowels is the internet has helped promote brands unheard of 10 years ago.
Exporting easier now for small manufacturers.
Mt used to rule the roost but now some of the trowels available are probably superior.
Most of us only use same brand or tinkered with a few.
Kraft,,,ox,,,, look nice but really need guys that have been using them long time to comment.

JUst use the bloody trowel instead of all that f**k**g about
Yep. A trowel for skimming and another one being broken in on sand and cement work (although I am a recent convert to the speedskim)

I bought a stainless 14 inch ox trowel for externals a few weeks ago, felt a bit dirty after it.

It's absolutely brilliant, great handle lovely balanced, very surprised by it.

Half the price of the big boys too.

Give Kraft trowels a go, I've been using them for years Corobyn from Ukfield sell them. Got a 20 inch sharp as a razor ,and a 14 inch for putting on. You,ll be surprised how go they are

I dont pay £50 for MTs mate if you want ? Let me know and il sort you a new MT out for the price i pay at a local place but cover postage and jobs a gudgeon :birra:

Must say I've been tempted to get a kraft 14" for a while just can't justify it at the minute while my trusty 14" Mt is still going strong
I got one of the newer 16" Mt durable jobbie but it's just gathering dust and I hate it
The build quality is terrible now they're straight out of China!!

One of the old boys I know has had an ox 14"for a few years and he loves it rates it very highly it does feel good in the hand and well balanced.

Got the speedskim 600 but can't get on with that at all just think it's a waste of time

Although I am a covert to the plaziflex I love trawling up with it
The only thing is you have to be on guard with the wet 'n' dry when you so much as look at a bead!

Give Kraft trowels a go, I've been using them for years Corobyn from Ukfield sell them. Got a 20 inch sharp as a razor ,and a 14 inch for putting on. You,ll be surprised how go they are
Sharp as a razor out the box

Must say I've been tempted to get a kraft 14" for a while just can't justify it at the minute while my trusty 14" Mt is still going strong
I got one of the newer 16" Mt durable jobbie but it's just gathering dust and I hate it
The build quality is terrible now they're straight out of China!!

One of the old boys I know has had an ox 14"for a few years and he loves it rates it very highly it does feel good in the hand and well balanced.

Got the speedskim 600 but can't get on with that at all just think it's a waste of time

Although I am a covert to the plaziflex I love trawling up with it
The only thing is you have to be on guard with the wet 'n' dry when you so much as look at a bead!
Errr let me guess did you buy this "MT" at B&Q??

The gold handled MT's are terrible. Any preworn trowel is shite. The nelas premium are very good but not wide enough the Refinas again very good but neither of them want me to sway from MT. Must admit i use Refina s*p*r*lex and plazzi at times to help