Need a bigger van!

Members online

Jim85

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1479676018.277249.jpg

Yeah I know I could try and keep it tidier! But I need more space... half my tools are in my mates van and I keep having to take top motor off k4 which I could do without. Also need to empty van every time machine comes out. What do you lot have? Iv been looking at mwb crafter/sprinters but dunno if that's a bit too big. Need space for machine, genny, tools and long enough to put beads in straight. And I need to be able to take bags off site we don't use. Iv got a Swb low roof transit at the minit and it's not doin it for me

Just throw the match at it, that hurts my ocd lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

sprinter mwb I have trouble free touch wood so far good on diesel as well, better hp and mpg if you get them remapped and chipped

View attachment 14815

Yeah I know I could try and keep it tidier! But I need more space... half my tools are in my mates van and I keep having to take top motor off k4 which I could do without. Also need to empty van every time machine comes out. What do you lot have? Iv been looking at mwb crafter/sprinters but dunno if that's a bit too big. Need space for machine, genny, tools and long enough to put beads in straight. And I need to be able to take bags off site we don't use. Iv got a Swb low roof transit at the minit and it's not doin it for me
Carefull that waterbutt doesn't get damaged if it fall onto the mt below it

Where the hell do you go for a piss ?

Can't even get in the door never mind reach the pee bucket

The new high top transit is the billicks
View attachment 14815

ew
View attachment 14815

That is just messing with my OCD big time . If that was my van I'd be in the prioriy by now having a melt down ha ha

That was after Friday outside in the rain....

And Saturday I was skimming and missus didn't do pack up so I was nearly dying by the end of the day.

That's all the excuses Iv got
No need for excuses pal, all of us got days like that.
I rather have a day off to tidy the van after last time I was looking for some bolts, spent an hour and a half in the back of the van then I gave up, it was on the flipping passenger seat.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

if i was in the market for a vehicle i would go for a new one. the mpg has improved so much, my old mazda did 26 mpg the new one does 65mpg. they now have a 6 speed gear box and will do 70 mph at 1200 revs. you will get your money back on the fuel you save.

View attachment 14815

First off what's your budget? VW Transporter LWB with sliding doors both sides are super tough...a bit pricey though

View attachment 14815

My first venture off plastering on my own all I could afford was a Fiat Panda - what was I thinking! Driving round the M25 with it absolutely heaving with the old green lemonade crates, buckets, feather edge wedged between my head and the door window....SHITE

My first venture off plastering on my own all I could afford was a Fiat Panda - what was I thinking! Driving round the M25 with it absolutely heaving with the old green lemonade crates, buckets, feather edge wedged between my head and the door window....SHITE
My lwb vivaro is in the garage at the mo and they have given me a vauxhall Adam which is about the size of a panda I fill your pain ?

My lwb vivaro is in the garage at the mo and they have given me a vauxhall Adam which is about the size of a panda I fill your pain ?
I'm scared for life - the blokes on site were going to have a whip round cause they thought I slept rough in it too...I had the lastlaff - none of them could bead a window properly...cowboys

Reactions: Mag
First off what's your budget? VW Transporter LWB with sliding doors both sides are super tough...a bit pricey though

I doubt I'm gonna do anything now until spring. Don't wanna blow the funds then have to have most of January off cos of snow.... plus if I just can't be arsed after Christmas it's nice to have the option.

But I'll probably spend 6-7 grand. Never spent that much on a van but when ur trying to sell mono to people they don't want some dirty scum bag turning up in a rusty skip and leaking oil all over their brick weave.

A lwb van is essential I think if you have a machine
With the genie and other bits anything else just isn't big enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carefull that waterbutt doesn't get damaged if it fall onto the mt below it
e5e62424c8f47a8fb99aa1834ec790e4.jpg
706c89d2127ad8decd0a2849957599fc.jpg

Notice on most vans there's that foot or so at the top roof bit- that's wasted space, I run a scaffold board screwed to each of the wheel arches then a piece of 18mm ply screwed to the top of it...you can then slide plasterboard, beads, levels, feather edges etc under hear and on top plaster, buckets etc

Notice on most vans there's that foot or so at the top roof bit- that's wasted space, I run a scaffold board screwed to each of the wheel arches then a piece of 18mm ply screwed to the top of it...you can then slide plasterboard, beads, levels, feather edges etc under hear and on top plaster, buckets etc

Sounds like an ace idea, can't quite envision it though any pics??

I've seen a floor put in for a similar reason but I don't want to lose any head height [emoji848]

Sounds like an ace idea, can't quite envision it though any pics??

I've seen a floor put in for a similar reason but I don't want to lose any head height [emoji848]

Danny sent me the link to download photos - I've still to sort that puzzle out...in the meantime - where the wheel arches are boxed in, on the side box slide a scaffold board on its side right against it (both arches) screw them in place then ply screwed on top - what you loose in headroom you almost double your usable space in the van.

Danny sent me the link to download photos - I've still to sort that puzzle out...in the meantime - where the wheel arches are boxed in, on the side box slide a scaffold board on its side right against it (both arches) screw them in place then ply screwed on top - what you loose in headroom you almost double your usable space in the van.
Can you upload photos on here from your iPhone?