Neck pain

Members online

I know it's an old thread, but I googled wether plasterers get nech ache Funny you should have asked this, I've only been plastering for the last 7 months and recently did every ceiling in a georgian property in East Sussex. A few days after finishing the job I've got raging neck ache that's causing a raging headache I thought it may be from having my neck titled all day everyday for 4 days has yours gone away now?

I know it's an old thread, but I googled wether plasterers get nech ache Funny you should have asked this, I've only been plastering for the last 7 months and recently did every ceiling in a georgian property in East Sussex. A few days after finishing the job I've got raging neck ache that's causing a raging headache I thought it may be from having my neck titled all day everyday for 4 days has yours gone away now?

I get it, after ceilings. dull headaches that linger. up water intake and put deepheat on neck

Ok lads b plastering 20 years know having a bit of neck pain .Has anybody experienced this?. I think b doing ceilings does not help[/QUOTE a nice painful sports massage every 4 weeks helps pal get all them knots out your body

I get bad neck ache that gives me a headache. Have a massage every 2 or three weeks . Sorts it out . Defo recommend it

Ok lads b plastering 20 years know having a bit of neck pain .Has anybody experienced this?. I think b doing ceilings does not help
been doing it 54 years if u cant put up with the pains then get out of it because its all part and parcel of the job u have a lot more to come and not just the neck

If your necks aching and giving you a headache its the muscle in ye neck..........or brain tumour. A good physio will sort it but need to keep at it every 2 to 3 weeks

For all of my adult life I only ever drank tea , coffee and alcohol , always in pain , just accepted it as overworked muscles and joints , got so bad I would grin and bear it for a job and then lay down and relax for a few days
Gradually got so bad was going to pack if in , in too much pain to get to the shop for coffee and had to drink water 3 glasses later my pains completely disappeared and now drink gallons to flush out the odd coffee , all those wasted years , I feel 20 years younger , instead of crawling sideways out of bed in agony I sit straight up and have no problem putting my socks on , fkking completely changed my life

been doing it 54 years if u cant put up with the pains then get out of it because its all part and parcel of the job u have a lot more to come and not just the neck
Thank m8 I'm much better ask me again in a nother 2years this thread was in 2016.

no mines been numbed with with over use/ don't forget u come into this world with a small dick and a bald head and go out the same
For all of my adult life I only ever drank tea , coffee and alcohol , always in pain , just accepted it as overworked muscles and joints , got so bad I would grin and bear it for a job and then lay down and relax for a few days
Gradually got so bad was going to pack if in , in too much pain to get to the shop for coffee and had to drink water 3 glasses later my pains completely disappeared and now drink gallons to flush out the odd coffee , all those wasted years , I feel 20 years younger , instead of crawling sideways out of bed in agony I sit straight up and have no problem putting my socks on , fkking completely changed my life
I just got rid of the Mrs. Solved my problem and I can still drink coffee and get p*ssed.

On a serious point I suffered from neck pain for many years on and off. Mainly on. It always got worse at night after work and would give me banging headaches. It got much worse after a slight injury a few years back and I had to stop and have complete rest. It basically cleared up 99.9%. I think if you are experiencing neck pain you need to have complete rest to clear it because you would be surprised at how often you use your neck daily.

I get it, after ceilings. dull headaches that linger. up water intake and put deepheat on neck
A good mate of mine whos been a spread all his working life woke up one day paralised.Long story short,neck bones were all displaced nputting huge pressure on spinal cord,had a major operation 50/50 chance hed be paralised,but came through ok.Doctor said hed have to pack it in,after 1 year he was back at it,and still is,that was 4 years ago and hes only 60.Our bodies all react to it differently,I get a few aches here and there,but Id bin it if I were that bad

Ok lads b plastering 20 years know having a bit of neck pain .Has anybody experienced this?. I think b doing ceilings does not help
I'm 51, been plastering ceilings 35 years, We do have a hard job, but unfortunately we think we are machines. I now have cervical spongalitis due to to much hard ceiling work,. you really don't want that, so personally I'd recommend you do no more than 20 years of ceilings,