my machine hates me

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwi

today was ab it of a wash out at our end so i made a wall down at the store and thought id have a play with the m-tech 300 i was going through the sett up which in all honesty Ive been struggling ab it but it was going really well all air was out of system and pressure was set i was well chuffed until i put some water through r&s the machine started to struggle and it would not engage so turned off thinking maybe i had not cleaned r&s out last time but when i took the lid of my mixing paddle was a mangled wreck :eek: sooo im thinking what the f.u.c.k have i done here then i think maybe i ha vent put the paddle in to the top of the r&s correctly ??????and does anyone reckon these paddles can be straightened out easily i didn't even try to fix it as i just walked away in a strop :mad: :mad: :mad:

make sure your there when he does it did the r+s jam thats probably what done it take it apart clean it then use some washing up liquid to put back together i always stick a bit on top of rotor to help it

you only used it the other day though didnt you pwi??? I can see them jaming if left for months but not for a few weeks

if you look in chamber before starting and there is no water in even a little bit it will jam

richardbrown said:
you only used it the other day though didn't you pwi??? I can see them jamming if left for months but not for a few weeks

it did but i chocked the f**k.er. what would cause it to jam grand ??

also i think a bit of paddle fell of should i strip it all down to try and find it its just a wee bit ???????

les sells a tool called a rotor screw about a tenner before you start you can loosen the rotor in the stator while its still in place pump abit of fairy in then tighten back shouldnt jamthen you connect it to the cleaning bar if not using machine for while take rotor out as it can make the rubber in the stator perish if holding water which it should do if not f**k*d

when you started it up you said it struggled did the r+s spin in the pressure flange then machine die

a stuck rotor and stator(not cleaned properly form last spray) mangled my mixing shaft in front of les and then the hauling bracket completely shattered. Loosening up before a spray sounds like a good idea.....cheaper than a new mixing shaft every few months. Made a daft mistake the other day too...while testing my machine on the drive I run it in reverse dry which made the most horrible screaching sound. Put back into forward and it spewed out rubber bits everywhere....r&s shagged

if you put you hand into the mixing tube before starting and give the paddle a shake to much play means youre hauling bracket needs replacing

les fitted a g4 cast iron one on for me instead of the putz steel one.....is there much play in the g4 bracket? There's a bit of a wiggle with it

come to think of it....it's had so many bits and bobs fitted up rotherham it's gotta be some sort of market first putzmeister/pft hybrid custom jobbie :)

what it does if there is too much play is the bottom sits in the rotor snug like then if the hauling bracket is worn and your r+s is not primed properly when you turn on the motor it mangles it same when cleaning out dont force the sputnick down just rest it inside the tube cause the motor is that strong your cleaning bar will come out looking like a spaghetti twist

dear points of view while watching queer eye for the straight guy i thought if i got some G** freinds they would give me some fashion tips they didnt they f**k*d me

The bottom part of the paddle was ok you no the little bit that goes in to r and s . So nobody thinks I could have just put it in wrong and if the rs is full of muck is it f**k*d or can it be saved and grand it did start ok it was probs 20sec after I put some water through

it can be saved take it apart and pressure test it the other bits a mystery but stuart knows more about mtecs than me bell him

We have have "T" bars made up to remove the rotor from the stator after each use. It only takes a few seconds then you can flush the stator out and clean the rotor. At the start of a job we spray the stator and rotor with silicon spray (about £3.00 a tin) and fit it back into the stator then do a pressure test. With the M300 you should fill the mixing chamber with water till it comes out of the top drain, replace the drain bung then start up the machine. A new standard mixer shaft for the M300 is about £50.00 and its well worth having a spare. Might cost you more to get it repaired. Fairy liquid is good to use but it can dry up if left for a few weeks.

let's face it.......hauling muck around for a living without the aid of machinery in 2010 is clever innit?

been rendering a house yesterday and today. now and then is fine but if i did it all the time i'd buy a machine without even thinking about it.

goody said:
let's face it.......hauling muck around for a living without the aid of machinery in 2010 is clever innit?

I dont pick a thing up i pay labourers for that i normally make them knock 10 - 12 bags up and loaded on the scaffold before i finish my cuppa so they are ahead of me... buy as i have allways said if i needed a machine i would hire one... or sub the job out to one of you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.