my builder

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

I'm fairly confident, on all the domestics over the years, the ones where they have been slow with the kettle have been left with a job that's not as good as the ones who don't mind buying t bags.
Very rare in Ireland though, and when your working for a farmer you get called in at 1 for a full meat & 3 veg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fairly confident, on all the domestics over the years, the ones where they have been slow with the kettle have been left with a job that's not as good as the ones who don't mind buying t bags.
Very rare in Ireland though, and when your working for a farmer you get called in at 1 for a full meat & 3 veg.

i was in mayo years ago and was really obviously shagging this farmers daughters and he knocked on the door to ask if i was ok to stay for sunday dinner....was really embarressing

I always cop there gnashers and general cleanliness when I quote that makes my mind up if I accept a cup or not [emoji3] sometimes you can get caught out though like when my bro drank a cup which we then found out teeth had bin kept in haha glad I had me flask that day !

I always cop there gnashers and general cleanliness when I quote that makes my mind up if I accept a cup or not [emoji3] sometimes you can get caught out though like when my bro drank a cup which we then found out teeth had bin kept in haha glad I had me flask that day !

That's gross

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That was about 8 years ago [emoji3] I bought him a mug for xmas filled with those sweet teeth you can get he said he had flashbacks haha

I bet that's a story what sticks with him for life [emoji1]

I bet that's a story what sticks with him for life [emoji1]

It does he has a few like the s**t in between two house bricks that he picked up when he first started somebody had dropped one on a brick and put another on top he was cleaning up n thought it was mortar to late once he cracked the shell and it was all on his hands haha brings a whole new meaning to laying a brick[emoji23]

It does he has a few like the s**t in between two house bricks that he picked up when he first started somebody had dropped one on a brick and put another on top he was cleaning up n thought it was mortar to late once he cracked the shell and it was all on his hands haha brings a whole new meaning to laying a brick[emoji23]

Ah man nothing beats that, s**t on his hands

I know the site gets a bit of stick buts just wanted to say over the last two weeks I booked in 3.5k of work and the leads including what I didnt get were £68 if your new like me dont be scared to give it a go....i never drop my price so dont compromise. And one job is £1800 so can get good solid jobs if you dare pay the lead price

Just be careful if your s**t as the reviews will sink you pretty fast:)

Just be careful if your s**t as the reviews will sink you pretty fast:)
Or if you get a t**t of a customer that wants to complain because of a spec of dust or mucky skirting board. Some weird people out there that can tarnish your reputation pretty quickly over nothing

Id defo give it a go if wasn't balls deep...there do get slated but unfortunately this Is where the domestic trade is going and in 10 years more people will use this way to find tradesmen

If I wanted a tradesman I'd just ring a couple guys and get quotes. Wouldn't mess about on my builder. But that's just me

Or if you get a t**t of a customer that wants to complain because of a spec of dust or mucky skirting board. Some weird people out there that can tarnish your reputation pretty quickly over nothing
Not had nothing like that yet but can see how it could happen

If I wanted a tradesman I'd just ring a couple guys and get quotes. Wouldn't mess about on my builder. But that's just me
A lot of general public like the review aspect....to be honest I do to

Not had nothing like that yet but can see how it could happen
I had a few jobs off of it a few years back none of them left a review, then the last job lead gone pearshaped when we walked off the job just after day and a half work when we saw the Romanian labourers dabbing pb onto an existing ceiling, now that guy had left a negative review, have not used them since, he even had the cheek to ring me a year later saying that he's got loads on can we help him out, when I pointed out that he still owes me money he said if I help him out might pays part of it out, so I said I'll be there the next morning with 2 more guys to help him out, needless to say didn't f**k**g bother turning up, he didn't call so obviously got the message

I had a few jobs off of it a few years back none of them left a review, then the last job lead gone pearshaped when we walked off the job just after day and a half work when we saw the Romanian labourers dabbing pb onto an existing ceiling, now that guy had left a negative review, have not used them since, he even had the cheek to ring me a year later saying that he's got loads on can we help him out, when I pointed out that he still owes me money he said if I help him out might pays part of it out, so I said I'll be there the next morning with 2 more guys to help him out, needless to say didn't f**k**g bother turning up, he didn't call so obviously got the message

Thats not my builder, thats a c**t builder

Its handy for people starting out that only have a handful of contacts and are wanting to get thereselfs out there.

It also depends on your area, were I live (Bristol) quite alot of people know someone or of someone who knows a plasterer so your name gets passed about if you do a good job. Wether its a private job or for another trade.

I think things like checkatrade, my builder, etc a very good for good workers that want to get out there, not everyone is as fortunate to have a few good contacts to hand to get them.on there feet, if I didn't have the people that I have been lucky enough to meet I would be on there.

From where though ? The local rag, yellow pages, someone's website that says they are the dogs b*ll***s but the reality may be somewhat different.

Today's generation are all over the web and web based reviews like trip advisor and the like. The smart people are looking for tradesman where they can see reviews from others like them, and it's very simple leave the job as you found it and thus no complaints.

From where though ? The local rag, yellow pages, someone's website that says they are the dogs b*ll***s but the reality may be somewhat different.

Today's generation are all over the web and web based reviews like trip advisor and the like. The smart people are looking for tradesman where they can see reviews from others like them, and it's very simple leave the job as you found it and thus no complaints.
Google I guess. Has anyone heard of street life ? A lot of people on there recommend local tradesmen.

Google I guess. Has anyone heard of street life ? A lot of people on there recommend local tradesmen.

But using someone from a review based site gives more peace of mind to the homeowner and believe it or not they are more likely to accept a higher quote from someone who has very good feedback knowing they will get a good job done than from someone who is from the local herald who has come in cheaper and know nothing about them.

But using someone from a review based site gives more peace of mind to the homeowner and believe it or not they are more likely to accept a higher quote from someone who has very good feedback knowing they will get a good job done than from someone who is from the local herald who has come in cheaper and know nothing about them.
Word of mouth is best. If you don't know a plumber you ask your best mate or someone at work or down the pub. But your right in what your saying.