'My builder' thoughts

Members online

I made one to see what it was all about and it is indeed a who's who of local chancers cutting each others throat to patch someones ceiling who are on a tight budget.

b*ll***s.
Not true in my experience I was charging 250 a day on there and probably got 7 out of 10

A sparky mate signed up to checkatrade recently as he has relocated and has done OK with it. He had a plumber contact him to finish off a heating job which has lead to getting work with a builder the plumber works for etc, so not a bad little network starting there and not just the public using it.

I wish people would stop thinking checkatrade is like the other sites, it's purely a form of advertising, no different to the old yellow pages, paying a fixed fee to be published in the yellow pages or to be on an online database is completely different to having to purchase leads. Advertising costs money, it's that simple.

Nope because if they're not charging someone they've not got a business and they won't charge the customer as it'll scare them away. I think checks trade is a fixed annual fee but not sure how much, think someone mentioned £600 on here once which isn't bad if it'll be your main source of work
Spread I no said his renewal was £1300! I was on it couple years back got fed up with it and the people cold calling

Spread I no said his renewal was £1300! I was on it couple years back got fed up with it and the people cold calling
Didn't realise it was that much, I'm not on checkatrade I prefer the pay per lead so I'm only paying when I need work, have a few months at a time where I might not use it so a high fixed fee doesn't really suit me

Didn't realise it was that much, I'm not on checkatrade I prefer the pay per lead so I'm only paying when I need work, have a few months at a time where I might not use it so a high fixed fee doesn't really suit me
I don’t think it’s as good as it was to many cowboys on there now. I’m not on any of these sites all word of mouth.

They are c**ts like that, charge people whatever they want, I pay about £800 a year I think, goes up every year though!

Sick of it myself as they are far too greedy, sign anyone up and it's completely swamped with trades now.

They are c**ts like that, charge people whatever they want, I pay about £800 a year I think, goes up every year though!

Sick of it myself as they are far too greedy, sign anyone up and it's completely swamped with trades now.

I’d rather send leaflets out.

I would say try every site for a year and see what works for you then get rid of the dead wood and then go from there :D

Do they f**k! Lol.
If they did half of the wally’s on there would get thrown off.
I’m gonna be straight
That just makes it even more depressing then if they don’t
What an absolute shambles plastering has become no offence intended to the op but basically he can come to U.K. sign up to checkatrade which don’t actually check any trades and go quote someone’s job
Gutter that’s where we are at

I’m gonna be straight
What an absolute shambles plastering has become no offence intended to the op but basically he can come to U.K. sign up to checkatrade which don’t actually check any trades and go quote someone’s job
@Danny you should make your own ‘my plasterer’ site! just plasterers and just full of regulars from here! Fly the flag for proper plasterers! Increase the network etc

Think I’m entitled to my opinion

It’s the driving force that’s ruined the trades
I'd that and courses have f**k*d things up. I bet almost everyone that does a course signs up for this type of thing the minute they've qualified (sarcasm).

Tbf it’s the money they take out of the construction industry that makes me sick to the core , so checkatrade is a one off payment and my builder pay for a lead I bet if it was all added up over a year it might even touch 50 million
That’s 50 million out of the trades pocket and into an office in London
Unreal

Tbf it’s the money they take out of the construction industry that makes me sick to the core , so checkatrade is a one off payment and my builder pay for a lead I bet if it was all added up over a year it might even touch 50 million
Unreal
Yep money going to geeks like Danny. Makes you sick doesn't it!

Unreal

By that logic you must have a problem with sign writers charging to sign write your van? It's a business, advertising isn't free..

If you print leaflets are you going to complain to Hewlett Packard because they charged you for the ink? Or W H Smith for the 600 sheets of paper?

That money used to go to the local paper or being in the yellow pages, just more of a digital era now

I’m gonna be straight
Checkatrade just vet you at your house just need to give 5 references and insurances details

Never bothered with any not advertised since forever. My advice if i was in your position @maltman777 is put ye number on a very small top n get daughter to were it . Or take a part time job while you build work up or drop on that builder who knows every f**k*r but been let down with his plasterer

Never bothered with any not advertised since forever. My advice if i was in your position @maltman777 is put ye number on a very small top n get daughter to were it . Or take a part time job while you build work up or drop on that builder who knows every f**k*r but been let down with his plasterer
Highly useful advice John........

75782BB5-F8B1-4D38-A057-F05A172C1504.png
03005E43-9D6D-4E3B-BF40-2AB93665ECC7.png