Multifinish Screeding

Members online

Scamp Gruffalo

As I'm new to this game, the hardest thing I'm finding is levelling up old 1950's pi**ed up council house walls, that are so uneven I assume the spreads of the day were downing snakebites at spoons before they even started work.

I like the idea of screeds and have seen vids of them being used to spread hardwall to brick. So can this approach be used when skimming multi over existing plaster? I could then use a featheredge to help get it flat and level? I know the sarcasm will be rife, so fill ya boots, as long as there is a decent answer explaining why this can't be done.

The best advise I can give you is

As an experience person, with over thirty years of drinking in Spoons

First Wetherspoon opens

The first pub, purchased from an entrepreneur who had converted it from a bookies, opens in Colney Hatch Lane, Muswell Hill, north London, on 9 December. For the first month, it was called Martin’s Free House, but was renamed Wetherspoons early in 1980.

I don't think you can blame the spreads for downing snakebites in Spoons.

Hope this advise is helpful?

You need to find a local pub that sold snakebites to blame.

The best advise I can give you is

As an experience person, with over thirty years of drinking in Spoons

First Wetherspoon opens

The first pub, purchased from an entrepreneur who had converted it from a bookies, opens in Colney Hatch Lane, Muswell Hill, north London, on 9 December. For the first month, it was called Martin’s Free House, but was renamed Wetherspoons early in 1980.

I don't think you can blame the spreads for downing snakebites in Spoons.

Hope this advise is helpful?

You need to find a local pub that sold snakebites to blame.
Close the thread.

As I'm new to this game, the hardest thing I'm finding is levelling up old 1950's pi**ed up council house walls, that are so uneven I assume the spreads of the day were downing snakebites at spoons before they even started work.

I like the idea of screeds and have seen vids of them being used to spread hardwall to brick. So can this approach be used when skimming multi over existing plaster? I could then use a featheredge to help get it flat and level? I know the sarcasm will be rife, so fill ya boots, as long as there is a decent answer explaining why this can't be done.

Ceiling lines and angles are what catches the eye. Kitchens and bathrooms need more attention with regards to fitted cabinets. Lots of walls you’ll never notice the deviations till you put a straight edge against them. If you’re doing an over skim and thinking you should straighten/plumb up everything then that’s fine as long as the customer is prepared to pay the extra and has asked for it.

Ceiling lines and angles are what catches the eye. Kitchens and bathrooms need more attention with regards to fitted cabinets. Lots of walls you’ll never notice the deviations till you put a straight edge against them. If you’re doing an over skim and thinking you should straighten/plumb up everything then that’s fine as long as the customer is prepared to pay the extra and has asked for it.
There was a show called challenge Anneka, if you don't remember it search for it.
It struck me you could do a new version called challenge Andrea where Andrea aka @essexandy takes on time limited challenges set by you.

There was a show called challenge Anneka, if you don't remember it search for it.
It struck me you could do a new version called challenge Andrea where Andrea aka @essexandy takes on time limited challenges set by you.
I do remember. Problem is Pauly, I favour quality over quantity and he can’t deliver on any of those

I do remember. Problem is Pauly, I favour quality over quantity and he can’t deliver on any of those
Isn't Andrea to Andrew quite topical these days, got to be an angle in it. Anyway he'll do anything after a bottle of port and a fair whack at the cheese board.

Isn't Andrea to Andrew quite topical these days, got to be an angle in it. Anyway he'll do anything after a bottle of port and a fair whack at the cheese board.

He’s already whacked the cheeseboard! I’d go with port, but think he’s more of a Starboard man. Pretty typical of those TOWIE lot

He’s already whacked the cheeseboard! I’d go with port, but think he’s more of a Starboard man. Pretty typical of those TOWIE lot
They're awfully toothy in that neck of the woods.
20201101_204920.jpg

I remember when I was about 19 we did a job on her house in Hampstead, London (la de da)
I remember she always had this look on her face as if we smellled, we probably did.

That's it

That's in my head now

Close up of Andys arse chasing a helicopter waiting on the ground

Rope ladder thrown down so he can get in.