Multi problems

Steve23

Hi can any one give me any advice on how to use this rubbish multi finish bg are knocking out these days??

First coat as usual, then second coat even if it's a bit wet, then flatten when it's a bit wet, second trowel with a bit of water and a flash over if you're on good rates, if not, get the next gauge on and happy days.

I've been using multi recently and its been perfect, only issue I had today the windows were still being fitted in most rooms and there was a breeze going thru which did make it go that sort of furry way

Done a full house last week first time using it this year. No issues with it, back on externals now thank f**k.

I've tried it every way every different trowel and it's still rubbish.. bg please stop putting recycled plaster board in it. Easy fix

Last edited:
I get it from b&q so its stored inside and it's still warm a lot of the time... will try somewhere else just incase... Danny do you know if they mix recycled gypsym in with multi ??? This must be the why I'm having trouble

Extension we've been on past few days the multi has been tearing like fk but the temp has dropped here in Scotland and I always find it's not as good in the low temps.

I have it on good authority they are crushing gypsum rock, heated to 195 degrees mixing a bit of lime and throwing it into a bag and I also heard they are replacing it with a man made gypsum or some other waste product and throwing that in.

Multi has been shite latley. I'd use MP finish more often on board work but Encon who are only supplier near me are f**k**g useless and I hate having to go there

I get it from b&q so its stored inside and it's still warm a lot of the time... will try somewhere else just incase... Danny do you know if they mix recycled gypsym in with multi ??? This must be the why I'm having trouble
I am not totally sure to be honest...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It's called multifinish because it has a multitude of thongs in it at times and needs also to be finished in a multitude of different ways depending on the multitude of different conditions

Thanks for your above comments about Thistle MultiFinish. Each complaint we receive is investigated and we will contact people directly for more information. Just to be clear, we do not have any recycled product in our plasters. Although we do use recycled boards in the making of new boards, we don't use it in plaster.

Thanks for your above comments about Thistle MultiFinish. Each complaint we receive is investigated and we will contact people directly for more information. Just to be clear, we do not have any recycled product in our plasters. Although we do use recycled boards in the making of new boards, we don't use it in plaster.
Your multi finish postcode PR6 has been bloody awful and very gritty of late
I went on the first mine tour along with several off here inc @Danny enjoyed it enormously plus the hospitality but please please sort this mess out as it's costing me and obviously others hard earned money sifting the crap out?!??!!

We have this problem evey year at this time of year. Even the Irish skim is s**t at this time of year now. And the bags are now like bg bags and falling apart.

ive only sent back 3 pallets before, 1 about 8 years ago and 2 in the last 6wks its been horrific like trowelling up gritty chewing gum that went off like an exorcet .
New pallet today seemed alot better tbf its dated end of Jan on the bags.
I think the clown who throws the black lumps of grit in the multi must be off sick or on holiday.

Are these bags marked December ???
As I struggled on a pissy little ceiling other day and blamed it on the pre grit and lab :cachetada: