Multi is it really that bad ?

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
My cousin is a plasterer and we chat most days, just lately he been proper moaning multi is bum and I seen a few people say the same but is it really that bad or is it the weather ?

Also if it was really sweet to use would you say it too

Thanks

Never had any issues with multi or board.

Maybe because I'm not just going over plasterboard everyday I don't see it, but it's always been good for me.

Yes @BritishGypsum I did really just say that, I do not hate on you honest.

It's been inconsistent turgid dog s**t for at least the last five years , with no 2 pallets the same.
I've only refused to use 3 pallets in over 25years and 2 of those were in the last 6 months.
maybe a corners been turned though as the last couple of pallets have been much better

We more or less get carlite or carlite ultra over here all the time. I used it twice in two years, once doing. First hung around ages, but was cold weather at the time and no drying in the air, so know real shock I suppose, although carlite would have set earlier for definite. Used it once since at Xmas time and it was nice to use. Did hang longer than carlite but not by much, seemed to finish nicely, nice to use. Personally I don't mind it, but I would still pick carlite over it.

As I've posted before, trying to get it to stop striping is a fking nightmare, used to be the easiest thing in the world years ago but now feels like a battle.

Reactions: s61
Iv always used multi,never had any issues tbh.i know they changed somthing in it a while bk making it more creamy I thinks.

Reactions: gps
As I've posted before, trying to get it to stop striping is a fking nightmare, used to be the easiest thing in the world years ago but now feels like a battle.
DON'T know what type of trowel you are using stuart23 but since i have been using my 0x ultraflex to trowel up with i have had no problems or issues with striping that i was getting with my MT stainless .

The last few pallets of board finish we've had in Manchester have been dog s**t aswell .like troweling up clay

Stop moaning. It's not even £6 a bag and can cover a multitude of sins. What more do you want?

Remember gypsum is a natural mineral that's not an endless supply so they probably have to recycle as much as possible.

DON'T know what type of trowel you are using stuart23 but since i have been using my 0x ultraflex to trowel up with i have had no problems or issues with striping that i was getting with my MT stainless .
Mt stainless that I've always used and occasionally a super flex but can't decide if that makes it better or worse, maybe I was just good at my job years ago and now am shite lol

Mt stainless that I've always used and occasionally a super flex but can't decide if that makes it better or worse, maybe I was just good at my job years ago and now am shite lol
Try the ox mate , I would not go back to using my MT for troweling up as i am very happy with the way the ultraflex leaves the finish . But that's just my opinion .

Never had a problem

Attachments

• 20170319_130122.jpg
    20170319_130122.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 343
No put on with MT ,lay in with MT then two passes and a cross trowel using ultraflex and a flickof water as and when needed.

Did a morning on one site,multi was shite. Drove to another site in the afternoon to do a hit and the multi there was totally different. Funny old stuff.

My cousin is a plasterer and we chat most days, just lately he been proper moaning multi is bum and I seen a few people say the same but is it really that bad or is it the weather ?

Also if it was really sweet to use would you say it too

Thanks
Yep it's s**t . Seem really sticky lately and looks
s**t ones dry as it needs a lot of water to keep it from ripping . Suns out now so my machine will never have any finish going through it thank f**k .

I think multi I've used latley is a bit gritty but the board finish is fine altho pulls in much quicker than multi. Seems to trowel up nice too. I like knauf mp finish on board work but needs to be decent boarding as it's useless if applied too thick or on a reskim where any suction may be involved