multi finish s**t

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

superspread

is it me ,am i getting to old for this plastering game, (only 47,been doing this 30 years though) but is multi finish setting to quickly,no sooner av i got my 1st coat on its ready for a second coat
and im not talking big areas , might be time to start teaching plastering.

Last edited:
Multi has taken a right hammering on the forum recently mate, you are not alone, be good to have someone on from bg so we could vent our anger, and give abuse!!!! Sorry I mean ask some polite questions:RpS_sneaky:

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever known it to be bad exept for for the summer winter switch, it could be dodgy boards or a bad batch

No bad batch my way yet but I'll be prepared for it when it comes as spunky says the switchover is when it gets a bit naughty

I didnt even know there was a switch over..................this forum is just a plethora of valuable information

is it me ,am i getting to old for this plastering game, (only 47,been doing this 30 years though) but is multi finish setting to quickly,no sooner av i got my 1st coat on its ready for a second coat
Superspread I was thinking the same last week. The multi seemed to be picking up faster after roughing on the first coat. I blamed the labourer for over mixing initially and mixed for the second set myself. The same though, it went in like it was a hot summer afternoon not cold september. Have they changed it since they starte printing the 'instructions' on the bags?

I take absolutely no notice of who advertises on here but I do vaguely remember Danny announcing that BG were now on board with the forum, has this all gone tits up without me even noticing?
Lets be honest what have BG got to gain from coming on here. They're already the market leaders and don't need to listen to anyone says how crap or overpriced their products are or do anything about it.
Come on Knauf prove to all of us how good (hopefully) your products are and then do something about getting them in the merchants to put some pressure on the BG beast. You know it makes sense.

Am going to start putting a scoop of lime it and see how it goes on
But to be honest I have only had a couple of s**t bags all year.

sounds like we've had knauf of BG so lets incite the masses to rise and defect to knauf......................:RpS_thumbsup:

Yep multi has been crap for a while now. Board finish isn't too bad, but whenever I can I'm using knauf. Definitely an aquired taste, but worth it i think.,...

cheers guys glad to hear its not only me,thought i was losing my touch,i even bought a bigger whisk cos i thought i was mixing it for to long.might have to start gypbonding anything over 8s/m ha ha

Try using board finish FFS you could easily coat on 20 metres and go home for a cup of tea and a nap lol

BG rep came out on a site I was working on about 6 years ago and told us they alter the finish as temperatures change. At the time the board finish we were using was literally gone off before we could 2nd coat. I rang all other plasterers and plastering firms that I knew in the area and they had same prob. It turned brown within an hour. We had a rep out who informed us that whatever they put in or take out of the plaster to make it go off in winter, had gone wrong at the kiln hence a batch of horrific finish in the merchants. Ever since then I noticed this change, or at least I think I do. Anyone back me up on this or am I just dreaming?

no i agree i had a problem with the change earlier in the year and rung bg they just admited it had gone wrong, few years ago we had a rep out to site and the bloke actually said to me yeah sometimes we make some crap

But despite all these moans and groans they do nothing, and why? Because they don't need to.
Their products are in every merchants and they sit on (I think) 90% of the gypsum reserves in the country.
As before, come on Knauf or anybody else with the balls to take them on.
I'm sure in any other industry having that hold on the material reserves would be referred to the monopolies committee.

b.g, knauf there's no one else with 60 odd million around to chuck a plant up in this country, so why would either company panic and cut prices or improve quality, can you be reffered to monopolies and mergers over mineral rights??? surely that would of been investigated when bg first bought them

iv no idea wot u lot are moaning about picked up a dozen bags of multi from bq new bags from a new palet wasnt lookin forward 2 useing the stuff but no board finnish BUT F*****g great stuff mixed up over 2 bags a time got 3 loads on in the day and a great finnish .

Status
Not open for further replies.