Multi finish over internal lime render???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colskim

Hi all, I'm new to this site!
Ive been skimming for nearly four years only on weekends. I've never come across a job like this one. Had a look at my mates new house which he wants the lot skimmed. It's all lime render without limewash so silk paint is pealing off and a few patches needs repairing! Can I lime wash it, pva then use multi finish? It has cavity walls if this helps

thanks guys

Why would you lime wash it to re skim it? If your gunna use a gypsum plaster why even look at the lime side of things? Either do lime plaster again or do gypsum. The problem is the silk paint by sounds of it rather than the lime plaster. It's just doing want it's ment to, breathing and allowing moisture out from behind it. Unlike the multi finish won't do.

Why would you lime wash it to re skim it? If your gunna use a gypsum plaster why even look at the lime side of things? Either do lime plaster again or do gypsum. The problem is the silk paint by sounds of it rather than the lime plaster. It's just doing want it's ment to, breathing and allowing moisture out from behind it. Unlike the multi finish won't do.
I thought the lime had to be sealed with limewash then the pva will seal against the limewash then multi on top? So I'd get away with just pva and multi?
Thanks bodders

Gypsum would be the cheaper option. He wants it skimmed coz where the paper has been scrapped off, it's keyed he'll out of the lime in most rooms! Got a hollow Area approx 3q metre. Would I get away with bondcoating it? Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.