multi finish is shite

• Thread starter Deleted member 21440
  • Start date

Members online

Mate I'm getting desperate lol
Take no notice mate sponging can work really well if you know what you're doing.
Put on and lay in nice and neatly, as you always should Let the gear pick up a bit more than you normally would for your first trowel and put the float over it with as little water as possible, taking all lines out. Float just one wall at a time and then turn back and put a trowel over it.
It will take way less effort than it does when the finish is going wonky.

Take no notice mate sponging can work really well if you know what you're doing.
Put on and lay in nice and neatly, as you always should Let the gear pick up a bit more than you normally would for your first trowel and put the float over it with as little water as possible, taking all lines out. Float just one wall at a time and then turn back and put a trowel over it.
Pfft!! Piss & wind!

giphy (10).gif

Just a thought. All these new toys some say do work some say dont........... but how many people's used a plastic bag

It's no wonder this trades full of f**k**g chancers with bullshit like this floating around
Using a sponge float is only a modern version of using a cross-grained float, which were used when god was a lad.
For me it's not something I do day in day out, but is a useful tool to have at my disposal.

sponge? ffs someones been watching to many Youtube clowns again sponge on skim never heard so much fackin ballox in my life
each to there own mate but when worked right it makes the set go piece of piss which you need when the multi is so s**t
why go slagging it off of you have not tried it

lay it on 2 coats i run the speed skim over let it pick up mist it with water then sponge it let that pick up then trowel with my mediflex

So you’re troweling a creamy mix up with flexible trowel. Sounds a game.

Know a spread who does it tho and finish is always nice

If there is “ site monkey “ there should be and “ domestic pig” ! Ignoring his cardio, the video actually is one of the most informative I have come across.

Wouldn’t be surprised if his next one is on artex ceiling :p

If there is “ site monkey “ there should be and “ domestic pig” ! Ignoring his cardio, the video actually is one of the most informative I have come across.

Wouldn’t be surprised if his next one is on artex ceiling :p

I love the start to the video classy!..