multi finish is shite

• Thread starter Deleted member 21440
  • Start date
I’ve actually always liked plastic trowels as can finish set sooner .only problem is the scratches. Can’t seem to get em out. I think even the grit in
try wiping your blade with a very fine wet and dry paper

@lurpak I got some paper of a joiner I.m sure its whats used for repairing scratches on pvc windows. Though i keep away from beeds sockets etc and not had any pain.

@lurpak I got some paper of a joiner I.m sure its whats used for repairing scratches on pvc windows. Though i keep away from beeds sockets etc and not had any pain.

What paper?

The lines are very minimal mate, paint will cover them. Have to look close but it annoys me

I got 600 n 1200 grit gonna try again tomorrow.

Shows how f**k the gear is tho as when gears normal can use mt start to finish 0 issues minimal water. Perfect flat finish.

Having to f**k about with other trowels is a ballache
I keep one of those things like a foam pad with a kind of sand stuck to it throw it water bucket and when I wash trowel off just run it down edge angle beads are bad for snipping a chunck out of plazi some times use a saw file to take out big groves

f**k**g old dinosaurs. Ye get air con and blue tooth in cars now but he still insist that algro is best car ever lol. I fell out with an but now spend less time on wall by using it so makes sense and prob save you a bit on radox haha

f**k**g old dinosaurs. Ye get air con and blue tooth in cars now but he still insist that algro is best car ever lol. I fell out with an but now spend less time on wall by using it so makes sense and prob save you a bit on radox haha

Can cross wall with plazi much sooner, if try with stainless at same time it pull wall apart

I know multi has changed over the years but I just don’t see how so many people are having problems working with it!! Maybe to many people are messing around with it to much and trying out different types of trowels, speedskims change it slightly, not sure what it is about them on finish but I don’t like it, I like them on render just before floating though, all these flexi trowels are rubbish as they pull up air bubbles in the finish. You just can’t beat a good worn in steel trowel, not a permashape one, do it yourself. Just my two pence and personal experience with them, I say stick with the steel and all will be fine.
Cheers

I know multi has changed over the years but I just don’t see how so many people are having problems working with it!! Maybe to many people are messing around with it to much and trying out different types of trowels, speedskims change it slightly, not sure what it is about them on finish but I don’t like it, I like them on render just before floating though, all these flexi trowels are rubbish as they pull up air bubbles in the finish. You just can’t beat a good worn in steel trowel, not a permashape one, do it yourself. Just my two pence and personal experience with them, I say stick with the steel and all will be fine.
Cheers

Bipolar pills kicked in poorypoor? A normal post without mentioning my hairy balls? Perhaps there’s hope for you after all

Use nela medi flex start to finish . Gone back to my roots . Give first coat a compete trowel even run internals. Then lay it in nice and tight . Takes a little longer but takes less time to trowel up and looks mint . Been doing it 20 years now . Tried everything method and very new gimmick but old school works best

Use nela medi flex start to finish . Gone back to my roots . Give first coat a compete trowel even run internals. Then lay it in nice and tight . Takes a little longer but takes less time to trowel up and looks mint . Been doing it 20 years now . Tried everything method and very new gimmick but old school works best
didn't realise them trowels had been out 20 years

I invented but kept it too myself . But it was so good a just has to let the cat out the bag . No but seriously stated out with Marshall town which are still good . Tried s*p*r*lex and plastic. Seem ok till paint goes on . Just think too many people are trying to finish walls too soon . Find it’s best to get it flat leave it . Get next gauge on then drop back and give it polish .

Shut uuup you faaacccking cant
12900CAB-2E02-4853-BF2B-C9729BC6C4FF.gif

Been plastering a fair few years now and my finish lately has gone to s**t. It just doesn't trowel up like it used too, its sometimes tearing on the second coat on the first flatten over. It seems greasy and leaving stripes all through it, which almost certain this will show up when painted. Having to trowel up again after its completely gone off to try and limit this. I'm at abit of a loss what to do, as my business is based on reputation and word of mouth and in all honesty I wouldn't recommend me at the moment. Take a lot of pride in my work and enjoy coming home knowing I've done a good job for someone, this s**t's just depressing. Anyone else fidning the same thing? If so have you found a way to avoid or remedy it?
we find if you sponge it it goes nice seems to sort the shite out