MP Finish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
i used this on a job in SWEDEN a few years back.i got the job through the forum.we could`nt source multi anywhere so he imported mp finish from germany.as said,it takes a while to get used to it but it good product to use.we hand applied which was a little harder on the body come the end of the week,as the gear is more gluey than multi.we got a system going and 3 sets a day seemed to work better for us as it sets about 30 mins quicker than multi.
wot i did`nt like about it was that when u skim up to your ceiling that you skimmed the day b4,it mark`s the finish as it is still very soft,unlike multi.
yes it does do around 18m2 which is good.did`nt use a sponge,just use as multi,less water needed.
i prefere multi though as you can just pop down and pick up the odd bag whenever needed.also cheaper but less coverage i suppose.
hope this helps

Hi Bobby

If your main issue if sourcing MP Finish in the UK..... drop me a note and let me know where you are based and we will arrange for some to be available locally to you.

If you are happy with Multi - that is fine.... your call!

i used this on a job in SWEDEN a few years back.i got the job through the forum.we could`nt source multi anywhere so he imported mp finish from germany.as said,it takes a while to get used to it but it good product to use.we hand applied which was a little harder on the body come the end of the week,as the gear is more gluey than multi.we got a system going and 3 sets a day seemed to work better for us as it sets about 30 mins quicker than multi.
wot i did`nt like about it was that when u skim up to your ceiling that you skimmed the day b4,it mark`s the finish as it is still very soft,unlike multi.
yes it does do around 18m2 which is good.did`nt use a sponge,just use as multi,less water needed.
i prefere multi though as you can just pop down and pick up the odd bag whenever needed.also cheaper but less coverage i suppose.
hope this helps

Its defiantly not quicker then multi here in the uk. 3 hours easy

maybe its setting time is different through the machine.we got caught out first day trying to lay to much on,two big sets.then had 3 2-2half hour sets and it ok.had tennis elbow come the end of the week though!!!very harder on the arm and shoulder i thought.

Bobby

Currier is a big user on here and can help.......... If you want Knauf help, there is a guy on here (think he has posted on this post) called Quinns..... view his profil and give him a call for more help!

Good Luck!

maybe its setting time is different through the machine.we got caught out first day trying to lay to much on,two big sets.then had 3 2-2half hour sets and it ok.had tennis elbow come the end of the week though!!!very harder on the arm and shoulder i thought.
How did u do it?

im sure it was mp finish we used.the guy sourced it direct from knauf,germany.it was there version of multi.we applied by hand,sets white.

Maybe its the same but Knauf UK changed its name here as "Multi Finish" is instantly ashumed to be BG

Guys,

Regarding MPFinish, just to let you know following feedback from some of you guys we have just finished shooting a product video for MPFinish, showing hand and spray application, it is still in its early editing stages, ( a few weeks away ) but I am hoping it will be a useful reference point, in terms off applying the product, and using/feel of it.

Once it is finished I will post the link.

we use a lot of this plaster at college, as they sponsor us, personally I like it, we find it is best applied in two thin coats allowing the first coat to suck in. It is very good to trowel up, and when you think it has set it comes back to life with a little water, and produces a good finish

Guys,

Regarding MPFinish, just to let you know following feedback from some of you guys we have just finished shooting a product video for MPFinish, showing hand and spray application, it is still in its early editing stages, ( a few weeks away ) but I am hoping it will be a useful reference point, in terms off applying the product, and using/feel of it.

Once it is finished I will post the link.

Will be interesting to see another spray crew on site spraying. Hopefully I may pick up some extra tips

we use a lot of this plaster at college, as they sponsor us, personally I like it, we find it is best applied in two thin coats allowing the first coat to suck in. It is very good to trowel up, and when you think it has set it comes back to life with a little water, and produces a good finish

Which college is this? I want to send any of our youngsters to some where like it college.

Status
Not open for further replies.