mouldy ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

kieranground

i keep getting mould on my bedroom ceiling and i am after some ideas on what to do? i have cleaned it off but it keeps coming back. help please

Wash it down with a fungicidal solution and redecorate with either an anti condensation paint or a good quality acrylic eggshell. Also, get some air circulating, that should help. BTW, this isn't Ebuild, this is a plasterers forum, but i'm not a plasterer, i'm a dryliner, so i'll gladly help you out with your decorating queries. Wasn't it?

Stick your head up into the loft.Bet youve got little or no insulation.If not,rip the ceiling down,reboard and skim then insulate.Dont take chances with mould,its more dangerous than anyone thinks! The spores in mould cause breathing related problems. When I worked abroad in Scandinavia this was taken very seriously,any mould found in a house and they moved the people out until the problem was fixed.They even closed a school once because of it! I saw same on the tv programme "Holmes on homes" in Canada,Mould found,people moved out and the guys that removed it were dressed up like they were removing asbestos! Google it if you want to know more." Toxic Mould"

i had this problem with my rented flat, no window in the bathroom and crap extractor fan so alot of the time i'd just shower and leave the door open letting the moisture into the rest of the flat, which ofcourse all the moisture condesated on the external bedroom wall! my solution was to go to b&q and get a colour match. painted over it and problem solved for now, it will come back but by that time i'll have my deposit back :RpS_thumbup:
but if it was my own place or a customer etc id mould wash at the very least but prefer to hack off, replace and re-skim.

cant believe youre assuming the landlord is gonna blame you for mould growth spooner!!!

most people would be up in arms at the discovery of mould in a rented property - "oooooo we've got a damp problem mr landlord, what you gonna do aboot it?????"..

i would have been intouch with the landlady but... my ex girflriend was living here with me (i was the only one meant to be here and the letting agent (IMS) we're right coonts when they suspected there "there is a lady living at the property" "breech of contract" etc) she had all her possessions here along with 6 mice in their own cages, so wasnt it would have been too much hasstle hiding all her stuff and pets etc so cover it up with paint was an easier option

she rescued them from a friend who was gonna drown them blah blah and i got lumbered with the feckers! all had to be seperated as they all just fought and was mix of males and females, im never having pets again.

My daughter is in a council flat infested with mould and has been down every channel to sort it out but they dont give a a damn the walls have now started producing some kind of mushroom.

My daughter is in a council flat infested with mould and has been down every channel to sort it out but they dont give a a damn the walls have now started producing some kind of mushroom.
some councils went down the road of installing a forced air ventilation system for such problems, like a whole house reverse extraction unit....
can work the other way too...
its this system....

Condensation Control, UK

They are called a positive pressure system chris, sovchem do em i fiitted one last year they come in at around £500 plus vat and simple to fit

took one out in daventry, when they did the upgrades and fitted 6" to the kitchen and 4" to the bathroom...
apparently the tennants switch the f'ckers off and then moan that it aint working so they fit timers to em, like the running hours on a genny sort of thing...
still, the house that i removed it from did NOT have a condensation problem, just an alcohol and drug problem, i think they were p'ssed off with the draught... :RpS_laugh:

i kid you not... :RpS_bored:

Status
Not open for further replies.