Mortar Mixers

mikeweston

Alright lads, do any of you use a tub mixer when rendering pre bagged renders? Been looking at the Belle tub mixer 50. I'm guessing that means 50ltr which is quite small. Any other mixers out there which won't break the bank?

Thought they might be. Just trying to make my life a little easier. Would like a second hand ritmo but have no spraying experience.

Wanted something I could leave whilst laying on. I usually use a mixing bath and have a Alfra eibenstock.

Wanted something I could leave whilst laying on. I usually use a mixing bath and have a Alfra eibenstock.
The belle tubmix come up on eBay the odd time for a decent price. Worth a go if it doesn't cost much.
Collomix tub mixers are good but they're big money.

It does look like a leisurely way of mixing, I saw a gang of polish lads using one to render the inside of a swimming pool. I don't think it was a belle mixer but it looked good.

There was a lad on here once spreadylonglegs I think his name was used to use a wheelie bin to knock up in

Yeah is a bit leisurely. Thought it would be handy on smaller jobs as very rarely use a labourer. Hard to find a good one.

Thanks @PFTwales. If using a water but for water, do you need a water pump?
not if you have half tidy water pressure. the lotus doesnt have a pressure switch like plastering machines.
if you got running water it will mix it unless you have a real dribble of water
if u didn't have good enough water or if u didnt have a dedicated supply you could use a water butt and water pump.

Thanks for the info @PFTwales. Sounds like a very handy bit of kit. I mainly do internal works and a rendering job every now and again. All domestic work. Work on my own most the time so I can see this being a great help. I can't help keep looking at the Ritmo though. Looks like a great bit of kit that doesn't look too complicated. Although if I was to get one I'd be looking at a used machine as haven't got the funds for a new one. Being on the Isle of Wight. I don't think there is a dealer near me. So it's just deciding whether to carry on hand balling or not.

Do they still make the circular spot board that rotates as the machine pumps the gear out?

That's the one @mikeweston! I was starting to think I'd imagined it. Joddy mixer. Had a look at their website after you reminded me what it was called, they're bringing a new model out soon apparently.

@Pug - I remember that too, just watched the vid, love when he says "all you need to do is tip bags of plaster into the storage hopper from time to time", makes you think this is a magical mixer the pumps out load more gear than you put in lol. That van refg no is a N....that's years old that vid....memories

Yeah they're a good bit of kit. First time I used one was at college 13 years ago! Would be good if they started making them again. Although with all the spraying machines, might not do so well nowadays.