More crazing

I think if you can see "crazing" after it is painted then it is a bit more of a crack than crazing...

From the pictures I think it will paint ok... but hards to tell from pictures alone

Hi Jamesdooley..... I see this alot lately and I'm beginning to think it might be waterproofer reacting with the lime....

Possibly as most lime manufacturers explicitly warn against plasticisers and some 'waterproofers' seem to be all in one type products.
Excess air entrainment really kills the strength of lime mortars which is a possible cause?

Some masonary paints (latex based) can cover 2mm gaps, so would definitely cover these.

After talking to alot of spreads iv kind of settled on that I'm not using enough hydrated lime/plasticiser and using too much water in the mix. Did a rendering job last month and used evoplast waterproofer in the finish to the exact dosage it stated on the gallon drum. 1 part wp to 40 parts water. I was only using half this amount for the job that crazed on me. It's working out at around 400ml to a 25kg bag of cement. I was using 200ml to a 25kg bag of cement.....i was always too conscious on holding back on wp/plasticiser due to all the stories you hear about using too much admixtures/additives so I would always only use half that was recommended....crazy now that I look back on it.
To a 10 litre bucket of water I add between 200ml-250ml of waterproofer and 1 shovel of hydrated lime. My first mix was done 250ml of wp but I found that too creamy so I cut it back to 200ml and added a shovel of lime. Sponge finish.
I must have talked to 8 other spreads on this topic and all of them have had the same problem in the past or even still at present.