monocouche

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

anderson400

alreet chaps ,I was wondering,can you put the first coat of parex on 1 day ,then put the second coat on next day , if so do you have to primer it ,or is it 2 coats same day ,ive done a bit of mono ,not much , its just curious incase you never had time to finish putting on the sencond coat ,cheers

Two coats same day. I was told from a k rend rep you could put one coat on one day and scratch it then second coat next day but after talking to a few folk about it i wouldn't risk it

i thought it was all in the word Monocouche ?French for one coat ,or have i missed something ?i am behind with the times ,just did not think you could second coat the next day ?and why would you ?

I agree keith its supposed to be a complete system don't know what there getting at here just use the proper base coat if it needs building out

i thought it was all in the word Monocouche ?French for one coat ,or have i missed something ?i am behind with the times ,just did not think you could second coat the next day ?and why would you ?
just incase it rained and you couldn't get the second coat on

Keith its simple, new block, loads of area, get the meshing outta the way, spray loads on the next day and finish

You can scratch and top...we used to when hand applying and the substrate was fooked. Next day is fine if you leave it longer you need to prime with 4:1 SBR

I'd say if it's still scrap able with a scratch float it should be fine as it's not yet cured and the next coat will theoretically bond to it.if it's let cure completely I'd prime it.

It's like so many things in this trade. More than 1 way to skin a cat, Just because it is a "one coat" system doesn't necessarily mean it's going to fail if it's scratched then topped.

I haven't done it myself and I probably wouldn't do it given the choice but hey ho.

what if your hand applying it by your self and you get the first coat on ,and your called away ,family emergency ect , just saying could you go back the next day and put top coat on ,its never happened, but it could

what if your hand applying it by your self and you get the first coat on ,and your called away ,family emergency ect , just saying could you go back the next day and put top coat on ,its never happened, but it could
What if.. .You knew what you were doing, imagine that.

Absoluteley hilarious, what do you guys suppose is in these magic bags,the material is coloured sand/cement/binders and fines.Never followed the render bible or render police,30 years in and learning still but kinda stand by my work aswell.

Absoluteley hilarious, what do you guys suppose is in these magic bags,the material is coloured sand/cement/binders and fines.Never followed the render bible or render police,30 years in and learning still but kinda stand by my work aswell.
if you can teach me ,i,m all ears mate

Not pullin yer leg Keith , it works, as said earlier in the thread theres more than one way to skin a cat.
A mate of mine was manufacturing his own gear 20 plus years ago TMD rendering and the components were all pretty basic , we used a good bit of it and it was decent gear. The only problems he encountered was getting BBA accreditation which was a well costly to achieve.

Letss say you had a dodgy wall and it needed battoning and straightening using parex products.
We get the spec of Parmurex to level the substrate, mesh and scratch.Next day top with Monorex.
Would that be acceptable ?,as the Parmurex is uncolured Mono as is Ocr.

Letss say you had a dodgy wall and it needed battoning and straightening using parex products.
We get the spec of Parmurex to level the substrate, mesh and scratch.Next day top with Monorex.
Would that be acceptable ?,as the Parmurex is uncolured Mono as is Ocr.

Andy if your substrate is f*cked straighten it up with sand/cement with waterpoofer first then fix your 10mm beads and top with your mono in one coat, alternatively you can use mono or OCR as your first coat but it will cost you alot more in material.

It's bodgeing, it's designed to be in one application ie wet on wet.

Parex is still technically wet within 24 hours so still one coat...new build is completely different to re furb on domestics...sometimes you can't just whack your beads on as the substrate needs straighting up first.

Status
Not open for further replies.