monocouche

Status
Not open for further replies.

blingbling

I guys having a bit of a problem with a new lab working for us he is ok with mixing finish.
But when it comes to mixing up a batch of mono he still cant get it right says don't know how much water to add to the barrel before adding the mono.
Have you guys got a system to use to keep getting the same mix all day we are thinking of just putting a big black line round the barrel (water level) that way you only have to add 5 bags to each mix. Hows that sound?

we done the same with a skim bucket for him at first with a line about half way up for water that way he knew how much water for a bag of finish same mix all the time.
but mono he is get the hump if we tell him its to wet or to stiff

a bag takes 5-5 1/2 lt of water.. put a hole in the side of the bucket, that way, if he goes over... it will spill out... that way he cant fuk up...

Show him how to do it ,work with him ,the lad needs pointing in the right direction , your the one asking a forum how to help , just step back for a day to teach him ,with the right training you will gain it back ten fold ,best of luck

I guys having a bit of a problem with a new lab working for us he is ok with mixing finish.
But when it comes to mixing up a batch of mono he still cant get it right says don't know how much water to add to the barrel before adding the mono.
Have you guys got a system to use to keep getting the same mix all day we are thinking of just putting a big black line round the barrel (water level) that way you only have to add 5 bags to each mix. Hows that sound?

Can none of you read the bag?

I sympathise with blingbling. Some labs are thick! For example you have ton bags of sand delivered in summer and the sand is dry. A mix may take 1 bucket of water. Overnight it pours down and the same sand is wet. The labourer still puts in a bucket of water and the mix is too wet. Not his fault apparently because he only put the same amount of water in as yesterday! Cant work out that the sand has rain water in it so needs less tap water?

Cassies idea is good and fool proof or a mark if it will stay as a mark. You would think he would take a note of how much that last bucket took and copy it on the next but some labs have the memory of a goldfish!

My lab for say a 5:1 mix will have 5 buckets for sand 1 for the cement and a baby bottle for the Feb. I have had him on and off for the last 18 years but he still can't work the water out. Always makes it too stiff and adds water to be safe. His dad before him was just as bad but both are grafters, reliable and cheap.

where can i get this weber marked bucket???

we have shown him loads we are using a cut down blue water butt he just cant judge the mix its to wet or too stiff
we have used a machine before he was bag boy witch ment he could stand about smoking and texting all day.
on finish he is bang on s/c he is ok as its a mixer jobby.
just cant sort the mono out

we have shown him loads we are using a cut down blue water butt he just cant judge the mix its to wet or too stiff
we have used a machine before he was bag boy witch ment he could stand about smoking and texting all day.

Bullet

The thickest lab I had was if I wanted it stiffer I would say it's too stiff make it wetter and if I wanted it wetter I would tell him to make it stiffer. He was a brain dead zombie! lasted 3 days but he had to go.

Some labs cannot divide a whole number.Ask for half a mix so 5:1 mix is 2 1/2 : 1/2. No! can't be done it is either 2:1 or 3:1?

2 out of 3 not that bad then :RpS_unsure: :RpS_wink:

Have you tried powdered water?. its easier to measure and fool proof.....................:RpS_thumbup:

Why don't you so him how to mix it and when doing so count the amount of buckets of water you use , that way you know how much water to use

Right , simple , two texture buckets of water mixes 5 bags of weber mono up in a bosh, but after 10 mins it will cure.... Therefore will seem stiffer, leave the mixer in the bosh and as your lab is loading your buckets out just get him to give it a whisk before he loads out... Simple enough, surely. ?
Rory

My lab insits on putting his finger in the bucket of skimming to check how stiff it is !!!!!! It does my head in argggggg

Listen to this...... I had a lab who lasted a day.

I was up a scaffold tower skimming and he was pushing me about and feeding me gear.

First of all I said to him right I need some gear, he looked at me and said "gear" ?? As in smack etc. I was like no ffs some skim.
Later in the day I needed a small amount of skim passing to me he asked how much and I said a handful and yes he climbed the tower with literally a handful of skim.

Jesus it's making me laugh thinking about it

i had a lad who when i said "can you wash the drill" started washing the whole ******* thing he nearly electrocuted him self daft ****

Worse lab I had took a 2 week holiday and said he forgot how to knock up finish when he come back

Had one like that, but to be fair he'd had 2 weeks for Xmas and a week at college before he came back to me.:RpS_unsure: I'd told him before the Xmas break to buck his ideas up or he was finished. I was gonna sack him before Xmas but I wasn't heartless enough ..........
Fkin useless he was. Tried to NAIL plasterboards over catnic lintels, washing out on someones patio and thought it would be alright cos there was snow on the ground, couldn't count for toffee, but thought he was a plasterer :RpS_thumbdn:

Same lab spent 20 mins putting a board up with the drill in reverse burning his fingers on the screws as they was getting hot I showed him how easy it was then put the drill back in reverse ;)

We were getting lads out through the local council a while back but had to stop as they were so bad. One lad we had I asked him to get the vac out the van and go over the carpet once we had lifted dust sheets. He just stared at me and said how do you vacuum a carpet??? 17 years old and never in his life had been asked to Hoover up. Another one we had, went to chip shop at lunch and put order in and sitting in the van five min later he said Stuart I have a serious question for you, fire ahead I said. "In the chip shop you asked for a single fish but she gave you two pieces" well that was it, couldn't eat my lunch for laughing.

Ask them to run in tesco at lunch and get a bag of chicken lips always a good one when the spotty manager looking for them too

Status
Not open for further replies.