Monocouche help

Members online

ankers

Is it possible to apply one pass after applying a base coat to k rend. We base coat out then apply a tight pass the a heavier top pass? We got a slight halo on a panel the other day and thinking its because it scratched back to first pass. But thinking if we put a thick one pass over it will start slumping?

If you two pass wet on still wet.

Wet on stiffened up can get you into trouble.

I am sorry you disliked my reply Ankers. It was a little childish I agree. Far too often I have calls, can you help sort out this monocouche that someone has f**k*d up because they had a go at it but it all went pear shaped.

If you two pass wet on still wet.

Wet on stiffened up can get you into trouble.
When you give it 2 passes i give the whole panel a tight pass then top it. Surely it cant be avoided going a bit dry when turning back to 2nd coat after throwing a bigish panel on?

He’s saying don’t get to far ahead with first pass. Or make sure your proper tight with first pass. Keeping away from any problem areas with it. Near beads and such

I go over my first pass to make sure it's behind the beads level. But not so easy with 10mm and a numpty sprayer.

So if it on too thick then I go over it realising it's on too thick to be a first pass and ask the numpty to top it up while it's wet.

But certainly second pass before it has skinned over.

Winter is awkward. You have to go quite far ahead before turning back if you are on such as microgobetis or it will slide.

I go over my first pass to make sure it's behind the beads level. But not so easy with 10mm and a numpty sprayer.

So if it on too thick then I go over it realising it's on too thick to be a first pass and ask the numpty to top it up while it's wet.

But certainly second pass before it has skinned over.

Winter is awkward. You have to go quite far ahead before turning back if you are on such as microgobetis or it will slide.
What about the join where scaffold level is. How do you keep it wet?

I am sorry you disliked my reply Ankers. It was a little childish I agree. Far too often I have calls, can you help sort out this monocouche that someone has f**k*d up because they had a go at it but it all went pear shaped.
We get a lot, I'd say 1 in 5 domestic projects we tackle are bodged jobs, but it keeps us in work, so bodgers carry on.