Mono staining, poor coping overhang etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jgreenplastering

Private Member
One thing always mentioned to me when I tell builders/trades what I'm up to work wise and I say mono I always get .....looks nice for a year then goes green.

So why the hell when all these new sites are going up is there still not enough overhang on things like copings and bath stone sills etc???!!!
These are the main culprits and it does look dreadful when you see staining around these areas.

I do domestic and I always change copings etc if there isn't 50mm minimum or if they have plastic seals I put in writing that this is prone to staining quicker.

Does any one have any other solutions to this?

Mono being a pitted finish will always suffer from this but does anyone use the manufacturers or other sealers?

Is acrylic finishes the same stain wise or not because they are a finish protruding from the surface unlike mono.

Cheers.

The grained finish doesn't help but with superior insulation and Nort/East facing walls algae is going to be a problem even with the self cleaning.

Yea but I would do it from a little distance nothing to close and it actually comes up nice. There's a firm that does just that round my way and his pictures look great with before and after!

Any one got any idea on how to get oil of mono. Was done on Saturday so still green, decided it was a good idea to put a open tub of oil on top of the wall... Fecking clever, I've said its paint job but wondered if any one has any ideas??
I'll post some photos

image.jpg

Doing any mono work, it should be sealed on completion.

@owls Is that your personal opinion or one that's comes from a rep?

I'm guessing all manufacturers sell a sealer?

Is it just a case of using a pump spray who another way?
I want it looking good as long as possible so may start putting it in my quotes.

Was suggested on another thread the other week :)[/
I was pissed when I came home to find that..
Wife thought it was a good idea to put the pot on the wall instead of the bin. I only had to slab the area then hot tub in but now a re dec on fresh work is inevitable. She paid for it thou :cachetada:
Swafega.. Will that not stain it more? Like milk on red wine

I am not sure.... I cant remember who said it... it was over oiling hand prints or something....

might be worth a test patch or even a driveway cleaner/degreaser?

One thing always mentioned to me when I tell builders/trades what I'm up to work wise and I say mono I always get .....looks nice for a year then goes green.

So why the hell when all these new sites are going up is there still not enough overhang on things like copings and bath stone sills etc???!!!
These are the main culprits and it does look dreadful when you see staining around these areas.

I do domestic and I always change copings etc if there isn't 50mm minimum or if they have plastic seals I put in writing that this is prone to staining quicker.

Does any one have any other solutions to this?

Mono being a pitted finish will always suffer from this but does anyone use the manufacturers or other sealers?

Is acrylic finishes the same stain wise or not because they are a finish protruding from the surface unlike mono.

Cheers.

I do the same mate get some 16 inchers on there, problem is most builders haven't got the muscle to get them up 3 stories ;)

@owls Is that your personal opinion or one that's comes from a rep?

I'm guessing all manufacturers sell a sealer?

Is it just a case of using a pump spray who another way?
I want it looking good as long as possible so may start putting it in my quotes.
Manufacturers and myself, it's an open matrix so it needs a sealer on it, not only that but I seal stone window heads etc on or near the panels, as stonework gathers moss and green then runs down the panel otherwise. Yes a garden sprayer jobbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.