Mono Mixing Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arti

Does anyone actually mix bags of pral for the 5 mins it says on the bag before spreading. we only do a handfull of mono jobs so we dont have a machine and even mixing 4-5 bags at a time doesnt take long to spread so ya hanging around waiting for the next gear to mix.................im assuming machines dont mix the gear for anywhere near that long when its constantly spraying.............:RpS_unsure:

I think when they ask you to remix it after a few minutes it's for the benefit of easy spreading. Machines get it on in one fat coat, no messing, no halo worries and i want one.

so you reckon mixing it for 5 mins is overated?. just mix it through and bang it on and Fu@k the 5 mins?

Last edited:
I think when they ask you to remix it after a few minutes it's for the benefit of easy spreading. Machines get it on in one fat coat, no messing, no halo worries and i want one.

Most guys do two passes. Getting 18MM on in one go can be done but it has to be stiff and that makes it harder to rule.

cheers marra.......................so in conclusion to my OP just knock the gear up and get it on and bin the 5 mins shizzle? @keithuk

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers marra.......................so in conclusion to my OP just knock the gear up and get it on and bin the 5 mins shizzle? @keithuk
If we knock up , to hand ball we do 7 bag mixes ,that will take about 5 minutes to do , we mix again when it dry s up a bit , stop worrying ....and buy a machine you tight git

If we knock up , to hand ball we do 7 bag mixes ,that will take about 5 minutes to do , we mix again when it dry s up a bit , stop worrying ....and buy a machine you tight git

What do you use to bang up 7 bags?

206.jpg

that's the spirit!
Hire a man and machine for the day, I hate putting Mono on by hand

all you machine boys need to get in the G** section......................man up and hand ball it on the wall.......................:rolleyes)

You big homo's.....................:flapper:

Whenever I have mixed it by hand I have always mixed it fo at least 5 mins, I cant see why the manufacturer would specify it , if it was not required to be honest.
I did ring up weber once and ask if I could mix with a belle mixer and I was told no, not too sure the reasoning behind it !

Status
Not open for further replies.