Money Health Happiness

Rossi46

Private Member
Another thread is raging on about property, saving, interest only, buy to let etc etc.
Personally I don’t measure success in £’s.
Money, Health and Happiness. Is it possible to have all three nowadays? I’m not sure it is. Not in the plastering business anyway. To gain in one you generally lose in another.
Where do your priorities lie?

Another thread is raging on about property, saving, interest only, buy to let etc etc.
Money, Health and Happiness. Is it possible to have all three nowadays? I’m not sure it is. Not in the plastering business anyway. To gain in one you generally lose in another.

Remember this theres more bullshiters in the building game than anywhere else!

I can guarantee half that try so hard on here and in person to make out there pushing big figures around are doing f**k all!

The most successful people I've ever come across go out of there way to be humble.

This place has become a joke of late for dick swinging!

Piss & wind!!!!

I.m at a stage now In life where if I could press pause and stay like this forever i.m 90 percent sure i would . We go away in december gave 100 for caravan for week and will get wellies on and go for walks in nature reserves and beaches and cant f**k**g wait. Lifes defo not about money ots bout being round people who want to be around you

I.m at a stage now In life where if I could press pause and stay like this forever i.m 90 percent sure i would . We go away in december gave 100 for caravan for week and will get wellies on and go for walks in nature reserves and beaches and cant f**k**g wait. Lifes defo not about money ots bout being round people who want to be around you

There can't be many of them f**k**s!!!!

Family first, friends come and go. I guess we're all pretty much the same. Money is no measure of a man or woman.

100% mate.

Got married , in laws had a butler , chauffer and gardener off shore account , land , business , tried to change my hippie ways and step up , had four blokes working for me , worked every waking hour., Two kids and 2 years later I had a nervousinto breakdown , packed up business and went back to my original life balance , wife supported me , she got a part time job and I did casual small jobs on day rate . Never regretted the amount of time I spent with my kids
I have nothing to do with gambling on property , just been lucky to have bought a small patch of land in the right place at the right time and inheritance got us on property ladder , missus now on good money from hard work and a career head on her shoulders ( but she spends it lol) so life's sweet
Kids now married and both with first babies , I've got a couple of years to earn a pension before I'll be full time grandpoops and looking forward to new adventures
A lot of claims by people of profit and wealth , it's a way to go and don't say mines right (but I hope when at the end of the road they have no regrets , debt is a killer

Got married , in laws had a butler , chauffer and gardener off shore account , land , business , tried to change my hippie ways and step up , had four blokes working for me , worked every waking hour., Two kids and 2 years later I had a nervousinto breakdown , packed up business and went back to my original life balance , wife supported me , she got a part time job and I did casual small jobs on day rate . Never regretted the amount of time I spent with my kids
I have nothing to do with gambling on property , just been lucky to have bought a small patch of land in the right place at the right time and inheritance got us on property ladder , missus now on good money from hard work and a career head on her shoulders ( but she spends it lol) so life's sweet
Kids now married and both with first babies , I've got a couple of years to earn a pension before I'll be full time grandpoops and looking forward to new adventures
A lot of claims by people of profit and wealth , it's a way to go and don't say mines right (but I hope when at the end of the road they have no regrets , debt is a killer

Debt is not a killer, a debt you cannot afford is not a killer, but worrying about debt or anything else IS a killer.

I've always put fun and happiness above all to the detriment of other things really and it's not left me with much, spent most of my 20s geared off my face.

Reigned it in now I have a house and missus, two cats, no kids, the only problem is to be truly happy you still need some security, that's where having enough wedge comes into play.. enough to do the things you want to do and have enough for a rainy day is all!

Well I have three rental properties, own a lake set in eight acres and live in a house that once finished will be worth around £800'000. I worked my nuts off in my 20's, 30's and early 40's trying to achieve what I thought at the time was important. That was until my wife almost died before my eyes after a botched operation.
That truly changed my outlook on life. Yes I still have the 'stuff', in fact the lake came after the life change, but I no longer strive for anything other than to spend as much time as possible with my Mrs, good friends and my son.
In fact I love work more than ever because I work with my son. Luckily he has as relaxed an attitude towards work as myself.
That other thread isn't about 'willy waving', IMHO, but guys that are genuinely proud of what they've achieved from modest starts, and I can absolutely see where they're coming from. Good luck to them all, I just hope that they don't have to experience anything like I did to make them realise that their 'achievements' aren't the really important things in life.
To all you lads that have absolutely no interest in buying properties etc. etc. I also salute you for just wanting to enjoy life for the here and now, absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Well I have three rental properties, own a lake set in eight acres and live in a house that once finished will be worth around £800'000. I worked my nuts off in my 20's, 30's and early 40's trying to achieve what I thought at the time was important. That was until my wife almost died before my eyes after a botched operation.
That truly changed my outlook on life. Yes I still have the 'stuff', in fact the lake came after the life change, but I no longer strive for anything other than to spend as much time as possible with my Mrs, good friends and my son.
In fact I love work more than ever because I work with my son. Luckily he has as relaxed an attitude towards work as myself.
That other thread isn't about 'willy waving', IMHO, but guys that are genuinely proud of what they've achieved from modest starts, and I can absolutely see where they're coming from. Good luck to them all, I just hope that they don't have to experience anything like I did to make them realise that their 'achievements' aren't the really important things in life.
To all you lads that have absolutely no interest in buying properties etc. etc. I also salute you for just wanting to enjoy life for the here and now, absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Well said mike

Work to live not live to work stuck with me from an old boy I started with .
If opportunities come along then grab them as thinking ahead to when you may not be able to graft as hard and for kids start in adult life is no bad thing.
But I will look back near the end on all the quality time spent raising happy kids and worry free Mrs,more than all the properties I worked on and earned off.

Well said..all those that said other thread is willy waving is bolloxs..just plain jealousy.must of said 10 times it's no big achievement..why Stuxnet I say I've got 4 houses if I have.
It's not bragging at all.not once have I bragged about having 4 houses if I have show me where..cant even answer a question on here to a guy who dosnt know the ins and outs because he hasnt got into yet..willy waving bolloxs my arse.im humble as there come,come from f**k all and I mean f**k all.no stresses in my life at all,took kids to Disney world most I got was blackpool..all you going on about willy waving take a look at yourselves and stop saying people are bragging..can see the green eyed monster in alot of people on here

Well said..all those that said other thread is willy waving is bolloxs..just plain jealousy.must of said 10 times it's no big achievement..why Stuxnet I say I've got 4 houses if I have.
It's not bragging at all.not once have I bragged about having 4 houses if I have show me where..cant even answer a question on here to a guy who dosnt know the ins and outs because he hasnt got into yet..willy waving bolloxs my arse.im humble as there come,come from f**k all and I mean f**k all.no stresses in my life at all,took kids to Disney world most I got was blackpool..all you going on about willy waving take a look at yourselves and stop saying people are bragging..can see the green eyed monster in alot of people on here

I certainly ain't jealous of anyone.
I come from an extremely wealthy family.
you see my real dad was a cuunt.
me and brother cut them out of our lives years ago.

anyone who does well for themselves has my respect.

Begs the question
Why are some people more ambitious than others,
Most lads on here would be self employed . so begs the question what are you doing for your future ?
I could not think of any worse than plastering after 40
If you have are waiting for something to happen it will never happen
Absolute no problem being a pro & earning 50k + however that is not enough without investment for your future does not affect your health might give you less free time for hobbies or beer
If it was easy everyone would be doing it so sort your s**t out

Your welcome

Begs the question
Most lads on here would be self employed . so begs the question what are you doing for your future ?
Absolute no problem being a pro & earning 50k + however that is not enough without investment for your future does not affect your health might give you less free time for hobbies or beer
If it was easy everyone would be doing it so sort your s**t out

Your welcome
Eh

The other day u bragged about earning 150 before u even get out of bed , and that you’d smash 200+ Metres before breakfast , your the biggest dick swinger on here old floppy cock

Begs the question
If it .or I'd only have to do 2-3 days a week
The other day u bragged about earning 150 before u even get out of bed , and that you’d smash 200+ Metres before breakfast , your the biggest dick swinger on here old floppy cock
Did you not see after I said all in jest ritch the bitch?? I'd love to give you a bitch slap..bet your a right little weasel

Ritch the bitch have you ever said anything positive on here or given advice? I'm intrigued? You seem to just be a little weasel/rat lurking in corner of forum...bragging about skimming 200m2 and paying £5k for your dog.. :boxeador: