Moisture resistant

Status
Not open for further replies.

User________removed

Private Member
Is there such thing as a moisture resistant room ?

I will be building a walk in gun room at home to store my shotguns and rifles, i will also be hand loading ammunition from the same room. For obvious reasons id like to get the room to be as free from moisture as possible.

Can this be done ? and how ?

Thermal board ?
Radiator ?
Extractor fan ?

Any ideas ?

De-humidifier is your best and cheapest option otherwise you start getting into mega money to create a clean room environment. I have looked into this for the same reason in the past and work on some big country estates from time to time and it can get mega expensive.

Air con that they fit for condensation, I think would be the best, I expect it cuts in and out when needed, but worth looking into.

No mate, to be fair i think im probably over engineering it to much, they're in the house as it is in a cabinet and at room temp with no problems. the only dramas i had was when they were in the loft.

I would have thought you would be ok at room temp marra.

How much is he paying you mate? :rolleyes)

nothing the cheapskate............ but it does absorb moisture and not many people think of this plaster so i thought id throw it out there:RpS_biggrin:

does the moisture waste the bullets m8.or is it just 2 keep them good.

No mate the bullets should be fine once made up, i guess it wouldn't do the propellant much good if it got any moisture in it before assembly. The barrels of the guns are prone to rust if not looked after.

we have a portable air conditional unit, we purchased it from wicks about £200. we wanted to keep a room at correct temp. and remove water from the air for our parrots we also use air purifer unit to remove any dust

Status
Not open for further replies.