mix m8

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mix seems smoother, no need to wipe round the side of the bucket to get the dry material in, except above the main part of the mix and the ease of cleaning the paddle. Not been using it a long time, only got it about 6 months ago so I suppose time will tell on that one

The mix seems smoother, no need to wipe round the side of the bucket to get the dry material in, except above the main part of the mix and the ease of cleaning the paddle. Not been using it a long time, only got it about 6 months ago so I suppose time will tell on that one
So you don't have to scrape around the inside of the bucket? I would think it was exactly the same to clean as a metal one. Can't see it lasting five minutes mixing sand and cement for a full house. Seen the video they put out and it was a bit embarrassing watching it.

So you don't have to scrape around the inside of the bucket? I would think it was exactly the same to clean as a metal one. Can't see it lasting five minutes mixing sand and cement for a full house. Seen the video they put out and it was a bit embarrassing watching it.
The video was embarrassing for both of them if its the one I've seen, they both took way to long mix up, cant see a piece of plastic/rubber being good to mix up day in day out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would you mix sand and cement with a mix m8

Why would you mix sand and cement with a mix m8
Why would you have a mix mate on the end of your drill then replace it every time your mixing sand and cement? I've been mixing sand and cement in a blue drum for the last ten years for all my rendering jobs.

Thank
Why would you have a mix mate on the end of your drill then replace it every time your mixing sand and cement? I've been mixing sand and cement in a blue drum for the last ten years for all my rendering jobs.
What's wrong with a little electric mixer for sand and cement, probably cost less than a good drill and half the work,,,,,,,,,,,,or am I missing something.

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

Serious. What way u mix it. Never done that before.

Serious. What way u mix it. Never done that before.
Blue drum cut in half I've had it I would say 15 years, mix drywall, and every other backing coat, easy get four bags in . I've always mixed sand and cement even concrete in it. Mega mixer pisses it throw sand and cement in and water and away you go, I bet i can get twice as much in it compared to a normal cement mixer. Saves dragging a mixer around and taking up space in the van and the thieves won't bother going near it :) a lot easier to clean than a cement mixer and I can drag it around the job makes perfect sense :)

Blue drum cut in half I've had it I would say 15 years, mix drywall, and every other backing coat, easy get four bags in . I've always mixed sand and cement even concrete in it. Mega mixer pisses it throw sand and cement in and water and away you go, I bet i can get twice as much in it compared to a normal cement mixer. Saves dragging a mixer around and taking up space in the van and the thieves won't bother going near it :) a lot easier to clean than a cement mixer and I can drag it around the job makes perfect sense :)

that makes total sense.... keeps your whisk clean :D

Do you put the sand in first then the cement. or would you mix it dry on a board first.

Yeah, but I leave my mixer mixing all day long , filling after each mix, not too much waterproofer, perfect when get back. My main mixer holds six barrows ,I usually fill twice a day when solo.

Last edited:
Yeah, but I leave my mixer mixing all day long , filling after each mix, not too much waterproofer, perfect when get back. My main mixer holds six barrows ,I usually fill twice a day when solo.

Yeh but your carrying the mother f**k*r round :)

I thought the reason behind a cement mixer being the way it is , is so the mix is folded in the drum on itself adding air and giving the mix consistency ? Or there would be up turned mixer looking like a tub with a mixing pan inside ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.