Minimum screed

Status
Not open for further replies.

leebo02

Chicken wire is not used anymore I think...
haven't done any screeding for a while john,, i try and avoid it ,, last time i was doing it regularly we always put chicken wire in the middle,, what do they do now, use something different or nothing at all

malc

TPF Special Forces
haven't done any screeding for a while john,, i try and avoid it ,, last time i was doing it regularly we always put chicken wire in the middle,, what do they do now, use something different or nothing at all

fibres or if a structural engineer gets involved sheets of D49

essexandy

The Lake Governor
fibres or if a structural engineer gets involved sheets of D49

Yeah and what a pain in the arse that is.

I've done loads of screeds where the spec was 65mm over insulation without fibres, I always put fibres in anyway for what they cost.

malc

TPF Special Forces
we usually order the ready mixed screed that is mixed on site. i have noticed that the fibres are getting short in length.

essexandy

The Lake Governor
we usually order the ready mixed screed that is mixed on site. i have noticed that the fibres are getting short in length.

The fibres I was buying up until about fifteen years ago were 30mm+, nowadays they're between 6-12mm. Also the original fibres for screeding/concrete were the superfine fibres now they're the thicker grade.

malc

TPF Special Forces
whats the best thickness of rule to use for pulling a floor - would it be 2" by 3" in thickness

the rule needs to be about 4 or 5 inches x 1.5 inches. you do not want the tips of your fingers to drag in the screed.

church

refina rules are shite , no floor layer uses them , they are too light weight too compact screed .

malc

TPF Special Forces
refina rules are shite , no floor layer uses them , they are too light weight too compact screed .

oconnells would send out a garden roller to compact screeds. when they had the auction of all their plant it fetched £1. we all lol.

Last edited:

screedmaster

church you havent got a clue every screeder i no uses refina screed rules you try laying 150m2 a day using anything heavier than a 80mm ally screed rule you wouldnt be seen for weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.