Minimum screed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken wire is not used anymore I think...
haven't done any screeding for a while john,, i try and avoid it ,, last time i was doing it regularly we always put chicken wire in the middle,, what do they do now, use something different or nothing at all

haven't done any screeding for a while john,, i try and avoid it ,, last time i was doing it regularly we always put chicken wire in the middle,, what do they do now, use something different or nothing at all

fibres or if a structural engineer gets involved sheets of D49

fibres or if a structural engineer gets involved sheets of D49

Yeah and what a pain in the arse that is.

I've done loads of screeds where the spec was 65mm over insulation without fibres, I always put fibres in anyway for what they cost.

we usually order the ready mixed screed that is mixed on site. i have noticed that the fibres are getting short in length.

we usually order the ready mixed screed that is mixed on site. i have noticed that the fibres are getting short in length.

The fibres I was buying up until about fifteen years ago were 30mm+, nowadays they're between 6-12mm. Also the original fibres for screeding/concrete were the superfine fibres now they're the thicker grade.

whats the best thickness of rule to use for pulling a floor - would it be 2" by 3" in thickness

the rule needs to be about 4 or 5 inches x 1.5 inches. you do not want the tips of your fingers to drag in the screed.

refina rules are shite , no floor layer uses them , they are too light weight too compact screed .

refina rules are shite , no floor layer uses them , they are too light weight too compact screed .

oconnells would send out a garden roller to compact screeds. when they had the auction of all their plant it fetched £1. we all lol.

Last edited:
church you havent got a clue every screeder i no uses refina screed rules you try laying 150m2 a day using anything heavier than a 80mm ally screed rule you wouldnt be seen for weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.