Might cheer up some domestics

Donzo

Some so called experts,who will be in demand. Quote from this is money.

According to futurist William Higham, of consultancy Bright Young Things, many households will come out of lockdown either looking to move or improve their existing homes.

He says: 'Lots of people will have decided that they don't like where they live – so there will be movement in the short term.

'But with many working from home for the foreseeable future, a lot of people will want to improve their home working environment.'

Many households will come out of lockdown either looking to move or improve their existing homes +4

The result, Higham says, will be a boom in loft conversions and garden offices and other structural and decorative improvements to make homes easier to work from.

Garden centres and DIY stores – now they can open again – are likely to do well from pent-up demand.

Some so called experts,who will be in demand. Quote from this is money.

According to futurist William Higham, of consultancy Bright Young Things, many households will come out of lockdown either looking to move or improve their existing homes.

He says: 'Lots of people will have decided that they don't like where they live – so there will be movement in the short term.

'But with many working from home for the foreseeable future, a lot of people will want to improve their home working environment.'

Many households will come out of lockdown either looking to move or improve their existing homes +4

The result, Higham says, will be a boom in loft conversions and garden offices and other structural and decorative improvements to make homes easier to work from.

Garden centres and DIY stores – now they can open again – are likely to do well from pent-up demand.
Fingers crossed Geezer! (y)

Nice one Donzo for the domestics this has been really bad tbf things to look forward too is great, there’s definitely a demand for work out there atm which thank goodness for

Problem is the influx from site labour who will see less work and reduced rates
More like the public wanting it done for much cheapness,how many times recently have you heard,i have made a offer on a home,can i withdraw it and put a lower one in. Quote martin lewis. Rats

More like the public wanting it done for much cheapness,how many times recently have you heard,i have made a offer on a home,can i withdraw it and put a lower one in. Quote martin lewis. Rats
I’m talking about sites dropping rates by 15 percent on average for lots of trades , lots of sites are mothballed , the big boys expect a huge recession, I’m not pissing on our parade , I need the domestic work , it’s my main living now , I have had good earnings from it and want it to continue

I’m talking about sites dropping rates by 15 percent on average for lots of trades , lots of sites are mothballed , the big boys expect a huge recession, I’m not pissing on our parade , I need the domestic work , it’s my main living now , I have had good earnings from it and want it to continue
Some guys on this forum are adamant sites wont be affected,shortage of homes.

Some guys on this forum are adamant sites wont be affected,shortage of homes.
I hope they’re correct, I’m also seeing site rates are reduced leading to ‘ship jumpers’ lots of site people are very skilled and adaptable

I hope they’re correct, I’m also seeing site rates are reduced leading to ‘ship jumpers’ lots of site people are very skilled and adaptable
A joiner i know said prior to virus,his site prices were the highest he had ever had.
Dont know about ours.

Down here the southwest after the last recession there was an increase in domestic work but another increase in tradesman. After Rok went under there seemed to be hundreds more people touting for the same work. I was still getting my renders and recommended work but jobs from advertising were dropping.
This did a full loop after a year or two and I would hear the same thing over and over;
"We had a plasterer but:
Didn't get back to us
Didn't turn up
Too messy
Etc etc
All this did was solidify the place in the market for professional, clean , diligent tradesman..
..like me :coffe:
And innevitabely lead to an increase in prices and quote agreed ratio ;)

Not many of them can compete imo most can't skim artex or even float , lots just skim boards
problem is bof, like the last time when cameron shut all the sites down and put a cap on council spending...
the public dont know that...
People will under quote jobs working on a site rate basis and not having much experience of working on dusty old lime plaster and artex will rock up with a flexi trowel and the forum will be full of joe public posting pictures of artex patterns showing through plaster going "is this acceptable?"
those domestic lads with an existing decent reputation shouldnt have too much of a problem apart from people saying "ive had quotes of xxxx" how come youre so expensive?
Just had an enquiry for an extension, ready in 4-5 weeks, Ill be surprised if the phrase "3 quid a metre" doesnt get mentioned closer to the time... :oops:

Down here the southwest after the last recession there was an increase in domestic work but another increase in tradesman. After Rok went under there seemed to be hundreds more people touting for the same work. I was still getting my renders and recommended work but jobs from advertising were dropping.
This did a full loop after a year or two and I would hear the same thing over and over;
"We had a plasterer but:
Didn't get back to us
Didn't turn up
Too messy
Etc etc
All this did was solidify the place in the market for professional, clean , diligent tradesman..
..like me :coffe:
And innevitabely lead to an increase in prices and quote agreed ratio ;)
It’s tough in London or other big cities , the checkatrade , sites etc take jobs from good tradesmen, I’ve lost jobs to some terrible people , ie one guy said pva would waterproof the wall

Heres another course for site lads,
Main contractors sign up for official COVID-19 compliance course

It’s tough in London or other big cities , the checkatrade , sites etc take jobs from good tradesmen, I’ve lost jobs to some terrible people , ie one guy said pva would waterproof the wall
Same down here John, see shocking work all the time. It's too easy for people just to step into the market now through social media and lead generating sites

Same down here John, see shocking work all the time. It's too easy for people just to step into the market now through social media and lead generating sites
I think social media can be good in some businesses,i know a woman who sells top end cushions,expensive, cant make enough.instagram only mean of advertising.

Yet were i live some facebook plasterers get fantastic pr and they are awful
Been to re do their work.social media is fake sometimes.

problem is bof, like the last time when cameron shut all the sites down and put a cap on council spending...
the public dont know that...
People will under quote jobs working on a site rate basis and not having much experience of working on dusty old lime plaster and artex will rock up with a flexi trowel and the forum will be full of joe public posting pictures of artex patterns showing through plaster going "is this acceptable?"
those domestic lads with an existing decent reputation shouldnt have too much of a problem apart from people saying "ive had quotes of xxxx" how come youre so expensive?
Just had an enquiry for an extension, ready in 4-5 weeks, Ill be surprised if the phrase "3 quid a metre" doesnt get mentioned closer to the time... :oops:
bear in mind I don't have a mortgage lol

I don't quote , the customer is the one needing the recommendation , I'm not having to charge decent customers profit to make up for the greedy or mislead

Life is good , I enjoy my work and it'll stay that way.

you dont quote? :oops: as in ill tell you how much when im done? i gave up doing day rate for people because it kind of makes em your boss and they expect you to behave like a prostitute on a hourly rate....
I like to enjoy what i do based on the fact ive quoted it and can take as long as it needs to get it right...

@algeeman ,,,, he will input,,,@owls he said his site going full pelt.

@hector lol

everything is still moving
just not at the pace it was before lockdown
simply because the kids are still off school.

I cant work tuesdays.
other lads have different circumstances.

the money hasn't changed at all.
I've just skimmed 3 big plots for Charles church.
1 more to do then 10 flats for Tyson construction followed by 74 units in Blackpool.

usually when sales slow
they throw up the social houses to keeps things moving.