metre rates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ain't old school iam only 45as for one coating it save anymore time in fact with two tight coats you can put more on isaw some Easterns doing the old sponge float b*ll***s i had two sets done by the time they had done one one of them even said i prefer your way and sponge floating weakens the plaster don't get me wrong I've tried all that and it's a waste of time i mix up two buckets get them on the board and mix another like piss by the time i put the two on i lay down with the third no flattening and dry trowel till finished takes two hours a set

no water at all gibbo??

I ain't old school iam only 45as for one coating it save anymore time in fact with two tight coats you can put more on isaw some Easterns doing the old sponge float b*ll***s i had two sets done by the time they had done one one of them even said i prefer your way and sponge floating weakens the plaster don't get me wrong I've tried all that and it's a waste of time i mix up two buckets get them on the board and mix another like piss by the time i put the two on i lay down with the third no flattening and dry trowel till finished takes two hours a set

and you finish this in 2hrs with no water?

See its each to their own again.

When I 2 coat i would never ever not flatten a first coat off as i think it looks **** as the first coat shows through to the second

Your not putting the first coat on flat enough then and yes no water i just wet my trowel

I must admit I use a sponge when skimming over rated and when a wall looks a bit shabby ie tiger stripes. But I think I,d get more on and have more time per set by two coating over boards. Still contemplating get a plastic trowel and something to use with a pole

surely must use some water. I spread in a similar way, 2 buckets lay in with a 1 fresh. 1 dry rub 2 wet then a final. Im sure this post is going to bore every one on here

sometimes when I put my boots on in the morning I put my left boot on first then my right, other days I put my right one on first then the left. Thats just the way I roll

surely must use some water. I spread in a similar way, 2 buckets lay in with a 1 fresh. 1 dry rub 2 wet then a final. Im sure this post is going to bore every one on here
No water on the plaster oli just the trowel that's what the water does just lubicrate the trowel i trowel as soon as I've got it on and use the trowel flat so your not taking anything off when you put water on it your only taking fat off catch it right it's quick and gives an even finish

No water on the plaster oli just the trowel that's what the water does just lubicrate the trowel i trowel as soon as I've got it on and use the trowel flat so your not taking anything off when you put water on it your only taking fat off catch it right it's quick and gives an even finish

So you don't use a brush in front of a trowel? Just clean it every trowel?

i trowled up gibbos way yesterday i only had a little job to to and wanted to get out it works a treat just keep a wet brush in ya hand, if you do get any fat on trowel scrape it off obviously, but instead of brushing the wall or flicking every time just wipe brush over trowel quickly.
worked a treat:RpS_thumbup:

I see these guys throw water on the plaster while its still soft, what's all that about. I never splash water on the wall,just keep your trowel clean. I know of guys that say to me , I give it three trowels and that's it ,I've never counted how many times I've troweled it in my life, it takes however many times to trowel it takes ,I normally take 2.1/2 3hrs start to finish .

will try thanks
Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences

So it's still not working then John??

Pref..
..alt

...G**

Preference

... John

...stop
.. Now

...lol
.. That's

..enough.........:RpS_laugh:

So it's still not working then John??

Pref..
..alt

...G**

Preference

... John

...stop
.. Now

...lol
.. That's

..enough.........:RpS_laugh:

Preferences

§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences

I am glad to amuse you,must admit that you made me smile....

I use a sprayer/mister to apply water to the plaster. Only a fine mist just to keep it lubricated. Works a treat for me and i get a great finish every time!!!

Like Gibbo i dont use any water on the finish any more as i have found that multi has changed over the last 12 months and does not react well to a splash of water . as said just keep your trowel clean and wet and work with the plaster.

Spot on gibbo,
and for the "spreads" that sponge float or one coat r normally the people ringing around for work weekly, they haven't got a good job in them and don't give a f..k to there standard of finishing!

Spot on gibbo,
and for the "spreads" that sponge float or one coat r normally the people ringing around for work weekly, they haven't got a good job in them and don't give a f..k to there standard of finishing!

Your asking for trouble with that comment :-/

Spot on gibbo,

:RpS_laugh:

I have tried one coating and spogeing it and can get a nice finish but it aint for me personaly, am not on site full time skimming boards, so for u lads who are what ever works best for u i suppose as long as the standard is high thats all that matters. Could be quicker on small m2 but for example... if i manually put a 40m2 rolling gauge on in the morning within a 2 hour set, 2 coats all nicely controlled, no sweating, no trowel marks, no cats faces or no water marks ect to a high standard. Can the same be acheived by one coating to the same time scale and standard or would the material be going off? Like a say am not on site all the time working against a tight price so this is a genuine question fellas.

Long stroke I've seen a lad do 8 bags on his tod with a lab sponging, personally I'll still 2 coat if I do a big set, what are cats faces mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.