metre rates

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

khew3955

hi ive been asked to quote for some site work.most of my work is normally private or for small builders so i tend to work on price.does any1 know the price per metre rates for skimming and rendering.the skimming is on boards and some part overskimming and the render is plainface

hi ive been asked to quote for some site work.most of my work is normally private or for small builders so i tend to work on price.does any1 know the price per metre rates for skimming and rendering.the skimming is on boards and some part overskimming and the render is plainface

BE WARNED. asking for prices is frowned upon as everyone sees the rates and uses them to lower other prices..

As a above.

However try this, work out how many meters you think you will do a day and divide by you day rate.

e.g. skim 75m2 a day at £180 a day = £2.40 per m2.

we dnt discuss prices but what carlos has said is a spot on reply we havent discussed prices but have given the OP a good way to work out a meterage rate that works for him:RpS_thumbup:

i was thinking something along these line myself.its just i hear that there is a lot of people onecoating in multi and spounging it back to get through the metres.anyone else heard of this

At the end of the day u should charge what ur happy to work for based on your ability, nice little formula carlos by the way for the newbie but naughty still. Sounds like its your first time working for this company so dont go in 2 low, start as u mean to go on and as for one coating and spongeing muti back dont even ask lol come on lads come on admit it, whos been doing this?

I will when i want to if you can't sponge a wall and finish it give up plastering, khew it's just another way to do it, have you done work for the firm before you've been asked to price for and how bigs the job

On board work its one coat sponge all the time. Multi, board, spray or mp finish.

Its fooking pukka. Why do it twice?

I love it when people say that and all the time there at work there getting their pants pulled down

Do it proper then get paid peanuts don't have you're retensions back and do all the out of sequence work on price

I love it when people say that and all the time there at work there getting their pants pulled down

I reckon that's what they mutter to themselves as they are second coating , while we are outputting more metterage to the same or better standard.

What I can't understand is a sponge float cost **** all so why they don't just try it is beyond me. Now a ritmo to spray finish was a gamble and in small to medium houses it doesn't make it quicker if its just skimming. Do I wish I did try? Nah work would be boring as **** if we didn't try new things

can-of-worms.jpg

Last edited:
I reckon that's what they mutter to themselves as they are second coating , while we are outputting more metterage to the same or better standard.

What I can't understand is a sponge float cost **** all so why they don't just try it is beyond me. Now a ritmo to spray finish was a gamble and in small to medium houses it doesn't make it quicker if its just skimming. Do I wish I did try? Nah work would be boring as **** if we didn't try new things
Sorry Steve but your talking b*ll***s two coats is better than one and as for more meter age i don't think so

Fcuking hell I more than quite often 3 coat ,depending on background,anyone want me to work for them:RpS_lol:

Spunky.when you say one coat do you mean one mix per hit,so 2 coating but with the same mix ?or literally one thick coat then sponge.ive always two coated bit with this **** multi I sometimes wonder why i bother

One thick coat you still fill out you're joints and beads, never tried it on reskims just board

Sorry Steve but your talking b*ll***s two coats is better than one and as for more meter age i don't think so

Ok sorry Gary i won't do it anymore, ill throw away the speedskims, spats and ritmo and worship the old school gods.

I ain't old school iam only 45as for one coating it save anymore time in fact with two tight coats you can put more on isaw some Easterns doing the old sponge float b*ll***s i had two sets done by the time they had done one one of them even said i prefer your way and sponge floating weakens the plaster don't get me wrong I've tried all that and it's a waste of time i mix up two buckets get them on the board and mix another like piss by the time i put the two on i lay down with the third no flattening and dry trowel till finished takes two hours a set

One coat sponging, never on my job, its for amateurs or those who do not care , well in my opinion any way, its not modern at all, bodge and leggit more like..

Status
Not open for further replies.