Mediflex

windy

Private Member
Used mine for the 2nd time today fir final 2 trowels...little spray of water and iff i went...gear reacted like it was furing up a bit.

Picked plastic refina up to go over and it was fine

Does it need wearing in..i have only used it twice but struggling to see what it overs over the plaziflex which i love to bits

I can do full set with me medi but only cause its sharp. Even a proper sharp mt has small bit of flex.

Let wall go in bit longer before medi

Usually good to go out box, at most maybe to dry trowel some fully set walls to wear it in a touch, but only meant to use them last run anyways. Can get away last 2 if it's totally flat and picked up a bit after 2 runs, if it's not it normally goes wavy

Can get it wavy with any trowel all about timing. Was wavey walls before bendy trowels.

If using it to trowel up hit it earlier than normal. If finishing than hit later than normal, these thin sharp blades cut through nice.

Can get it wavy with any trowel all about timing. Was wavey walls before bendy trowels.

If using it to trowel up hit it earlier than normal. If finishing than hit later than normal, these thin sharp blades cut through nice.
There was indeed and although there is a point to it, there is too much flex in them to properly flatten a wall smooth in my opinion, as if any ins or bumps in walls, it just trowels over the top of them, from my own experience and seeing other ppls work that use them. Fair play if u can get it to work, most I've seen can't.

There was indeed and although there is a point to it, there is too much flex in them to properly flatten a wall smooth in my opinion, as if any ins or bumps in walls, it just trowels over the top of them, from my own experience and seeing other ppls work that use them. Fair play if u can get it to work, most I've seen can't.
I only use mine at end .though i very rarely use it. Dont think i could flatten with it . Made mistake of thinking i could do that with a plastic fantasic

I only use mine at end .though i very rarely use it. Dont think i could flatten with it . Made mistake of thinking i could do that with a plastic fantasic
For me, need the steel trowel to get it flat. Can look the part all shined up and no fat marks etc, then it's painted or side light hits it and it looks like s**t.

For me, need the steel trowel to get it flat. Can look the part all shined up and no fat marks etc, then it's painted or side light hits it and it looks like s**t.
Agree with you mate. If you flatten with plastic they look dog shite when sun hits em . They look mint but you can feel bumps when ye run your hand down em when its set

Throw F*****g lot of em in bin!!!

There all just a fad and will eventually f**k you over!!!

1 steel trowel is all you need technique & timing is what skimming is all about not 4 different trowel to finish a few bags of skim!

the mediflex is steel. Don't use a plastic to flatten, last pass only

1 steel trowel is all you need technique & timing is what skimming is all about not 4 different trowel to finish a few bags of skim!

I fully agree with this, however I am open to making life easier.

T

Typically cheerful reply as usual lol, yeah one from start to finish is hundred percent, but a quick flick over with flex trowel for last run finishes it nicely and with less pressure on the joints, ideally less chance of tennis elbow etc in the future

the mediflex is steel. Don't use a plastic to flatten, last pass only
Granted it is steel, but a very very soft steel, its less than a half a mm thick. Not sturdy enough to flatten a wall properly imo, but if it work for u, fair play.

Granted it is steel, but a very very soft steel, its less than a half a mm thick. Not sturdy enough to flatten a wall properly imo, but if it work for u, fair play.

But how thick is a well worn in marshalltowen on the only bit that touches the gear? I think it's very similar and my mtowns have a bit of flex on the sharp blade.

i did this job start to finish with mediflex. It's been painted now and flat as can be. was alot of bonding out where original browning blown too.

I think you can flatten with anything if timed right, I'd never use plastic to flatten though.

Attachments

• huh.jpg
    huh.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 327
  • huhh.jpg
    huhh.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 319
But how thick is a well worn in marshalltowen on the only bit that touches the gear? I think it's very similar and my mtowns have a bit of flex on the sharp blade.

i did this job start to finish with mediflex. It's been painted now and flat as can be. was alot of bonding out where original browning blown too.

I think you can flatten with anything if timed right, I'd never use plastic to flatten though.
If it works for u, then fair enough, be's shadowy when painted and awful if light shone across it when I've seen it used too early or used it early myself. And true, my ss mt has some flex in it, but it's hard enough to level out imperfections, flex. Trowels just smooth them in the shape it is. Even using it after first flatten can ruin a wall, that I've seen. But, look, if it works for u and ur able to get ur work to standard you want then fair dos bud.

If it works for u, then fair enough, be's shadowy when painted and awful if light shone across it when I've seen it used too early or used it early myself. And true, my ss mt has some flex in it, but it's hard enough to level out imperfections, flex. Trowels just smooth them in the shape it is. Even using it after first flatten can ruin a wall, that I've seen. But, look, if it works for u and ur able to get ur work to standard you want then fair dos bud.

True mate but I'm not buying that it's the trowels fault. I've seen grand canyon walls that have been m town start to finish. It's the spread who is using it in my opinion. Only thing that needs altering in timing and I find with a trowel like mediflex I can hit it sooner and get the same result. And my work is bang on when painted, shine all the lights down it in the world.

Most important thing is that it looks good painted. If you get knock time of your set and prolong your joints then it's a good thing.

The amount of old spreads I've seen trowelling f**k out of wall and soaking it with a massive dirty brush, it's no wonder they bring deep-heat to work with them. Times have changed, people are smarter.

True mate but I'm not buying that it's the trowels fault. I've seen grand canyon walls that have been m town start to finish. It's the spread who is using it in my opinion. Only thing that needs altering in timing and I find with a trowel like mediflex I can hit it sooner and get the same result. And my work is bang on when painted, shine all the lights down it in the world.

Most important thing is that it looks good painted. If you get knock time of your set and prolong your joints then it's a good thing.

The amount of old spreads I've seen trowelling f**k out of wall and soaking it with a massive dirty brush, it's no wonder they bring deep-heat to work with them. Times have changed, people are smarter.
Granted I've seen boys use steel trowels start to finish and walls are like f**k all squared. It's not just trowels fault by any means, but using it too early doesn't work for me, and I've rarely seen it work well when other lads use it. But I do like them for finishing with

I
Granted I've seen boys use steel trowels start to finish and walls are like f**k all squared. It's not just trowels fault by any means, but using it too early doesn't work for me, and I've rarely seen it work well when other lads use it. But I do like them for finishing with
If i use the flex trowels early seems to open a can of worms . When i first came across plastic trowels. I one coated a full house and thought it was fantastic .Painted fine though was matt but could just feel slight waves on wall when i run my hand down so sacked em of.

I think board work suits these trowels best. Nice flat work and predictable setting times. When you over use them on high suction bad shaped walls they just polish up shite really. Just my humble opinion.

I think board work suits these trowels best. Nice flat work and predictable setting times. When you over use them on high suction bad shaped walls they just polish up shite really. Just my humble opinion.
Flat board work is alright, they are good going over sand cement floating too, stuff pulls in lovely and it finishes them up real nice. Lot the time cuts a trowel out when there is a bit of suction. But it's awful if u use it too early. I had to close a wall in with it coz it was peeling beyond belief and had to control it some road, then swapped to ss to finish the wall rest of the passes, and the pressure I had to put on the wall to grind the humps out and get It flat was unbelievable.

You had a good day ? I’ve been work all day at a school boarding classrooms out so no burnt neck fir me today @zombie I like me speedskim flex trowels etc hit n miss all about yer timings etc as said above

So yeah, I highly rate this trowel (when broken in) - I found the nelaflex just too flexible, whereas this one is perfect for me anything
You had a good day ? I’ve been work all day at a school boarding classrooms out so no burnt neck fir me today @zombie I like me speedskim flex trowels etc hit n miss all about yer timings etc as said above

Fook working bank
Holiday in this heat

Had a mint weekend . First time forever i.ve really seen family. Loved it . Sweated me b*ll***s of and drank way to much cider. Think i.m gonna have to kick sundays in head all time to have more moments lime this @zombie

I dont own a s*p*r*lex now
Did u use a mediflex? They are better than a super, imo. I have both, medi gets more use though, super had lay in shed for year or so, only last month or that it's been back out, since had a bit of patching to do.

Did u use a mediflex? They are better than a super, imo. I have both, medi gets more use though, super had lay in shed for year or so, only last month or that it's been back out, since had a bit of patching to do.

No I havent to be honest :D