Media wall

Members online

I built one for a friend, only one I’ve done but came out well. Depends if your just skimming it or building it from scratch.
Bit fiddly as you’ve get it spot on to look any good.

I built one for a friend, only one I’ve done but came out well. Depends if your just skimming it or building it from scratch.
Bit fiddly as you’ve get it spot on to look any good.
The biggest mistake people make is to build it to the dimension of the TV they have and the inset shelfs never leave enough airflow round the equipment there going to put in them.
They make sense for people who have a decent home cinema system, but like everything plebs latch on to things cos they think it's its cool.
Plaster wise it can look good if done right, but it's a bit of fanny about.

Last edited:
I have not done many but recently getting asked to skim a fair few are they worth the hassle?
What's not to like about them? Total of about 2 sheets of plasterboard for a full day's pay. Lovely jubbly.

Piece of piss to build and board aswell, but can get away with a grand plus if doing it from scratch.

What's not to like about them? Total of about 2 sheets of plasterboard for a full day's pay. Lovely jubbly.

Piece of piss to build and board aswell, but can get away with a grand plus if doing it from scratch.
You.d be down with price of timber at min

Just make it smaller and tell em portables are coming back into fashion
It's an art installation
20210503_194009.jpg
20200209_221941.jpg

You.d be down with price of timber at min
Yeah not far off. Built a 9 meter stud wall last week. All in boarded and skimmed cost price of materials was over 500quid. Can see people cancelling extensions soon as it won't add enough value on the house

Yeah not far off. Built a 9 meter stud wall last week. All in boarded and skimmed cost price of materials was over 500quid. Can see people cancelling extensions soon as it won't add enough value on the house
Imagine builders re visiting quotes saying erm sorry love but it's going to be £20k more than what I said hahaha

Imagine builders re visiting quotes saying erm sorry love but it's going to be £20k more than what I said hahaha
Builders now only give quotes that last only a week.
As the materials are going up constantly.
8x4 plasterboard nearly £10 a board !wtf.!

I spent £1000 on Louvre doors for bedroom wardrobes
Had one spare (reject swapped by company but was worse than the original damaged one)
I’d thought to sell it so today checked the price and expected them to have gone up
Same order is now £325 cheaper - fuming

I did this one a while back and felt the same, every cubby hole was tiny, did my nut in. what’s the point of them can’t put f**k all in them lol
Telling ya mate midget trowels an s**t fuk me should line em in mdf so they can paint nice job there though pal

I built one in my old house, totally changed the room it was so much better, made sense in that shape room. When I sold the house everyone who viewed loved it