Material price increases

sounds like a bromance is on or is John j jumping the gun :inocente:

i thought zombie was a tarn lad
Couple of Yomo's

images (2).jpeg

There have been some big increases across the board since the start of the year, and more slated to come. Timber in particular has jumped up twice recently, 26% at the tail end of last year, then another 51% earlier this year. I know of one job, a bungalow loft conversion and mansard, which was cancelled completely as the customer had added the quoted price plus 10% contingency to their mortgage. They didn't have enough to cover the price increase for timber and the other materials which have gone up.

Well that doesn’t surprise me really. Time, weather, movement of the land etc. It’s not like they’ve replaced it, just helped it to stay standing

Avebury ring is a much more interesting visit IMHO, although that's be rebuilt a couple of times too. A lot more folklore and mystery with Avebury if you're into that sort of thing. When they were putting it back to how it was they found a skeleton under one of the stones which had fallen. All sorts of stories attached to what he was doing to get flattened. Then there's the story that if a stone falls one of the houses in the village (which is inside the stone circle) will fall too.

Gotta watch out for the Druids though, they're a funny lot. My mum's from nearby. :inocente: :LOL:

Avebury ring is a much more interesting visit IMHO, although that's be rebuilt a couple of times too. A lot more folklore and mystery with Avebury if you're into that sort of thing. When they were putting it back to how it was they found a skeleton under one of the stones which had fallen. All sorts of stories attached to what he was doing to get flattened. Then there's the story that if a stone falls one of the houses in the village (which is inside the stone circle) will fall too.

Gotta watch out for the Druids though, they're a funny lot. My mum's from nearby. :inocente: :LOL:
I do like stuff like that! Just like stories!

Stop bead from W*ckes that is pants down...having said that when I price all my jobs I price in stop beads at their price. :lol:

If multi hits £8.00 per bag I will be one coating...there must be something we can mix with the multi to bulk it out