Marshalltown:

Members online

George Kidd

image.jpeg
Been plastering from I was 16 and now coming 52, used plenty of trowels etc
This is a small collection of some of my favourite Trowels
There are a few well over 20 years old and retired lol
From Carbon to Stainless Steel, Duraflex. Blue Steel Carbon etc..

Hand Plastererpeter mate
This is what was drilled into me almost 35 yrs ago mate lol
Hope ur well and squeezing it on mate

View attachment 13400 Been plastering from I was 16 and now coming 52, used plenty of trowels etc
Alright George have u ever had the premier line marshalltown trowel,and if u have is it worth the extra dollar cheers

Hi George, nice collection mate! Glad to see I am not the only one.It speaks volume for a plasterer when he turns up with the right tool for every job. Total respect mate. You should see mine. Customers are very impressed . I have really good stuf mate. Even you will be ..... impressed !

View attachment 13400 Been plastering from I was 16 and now coming 52, used plenty of trowels etc
:wtf: This is Madness , all these trowels it's crazy , been said on here loads of times only need one, can't believe it :wtf:.....

I love it , Wicked.. :maraca::maraca:

Ryan mate, great to hear from u my dear friend
It's got really slow out here mate TBH?
Prices are shocking ATM
But u will enjoy ur break out here my friend
And thanx again for the tools, as it was great being the first plasterer having the SFII and Plaziflex, all down to u and Frank mate

Hi lads, it's great to be able to give all trowels a run TBH
MT sent me their 125th box
As a plasterer this is a dying craft TBH
We need to stick together and keep this great craft moving forward to the young that really want to serve their time at this great trade TBH?
Plasterers are a different animal to the rest of the construction industry TBH?
We fix other trades mistakes lads?
That's why we are different to the rest?

Hi lads, it's great to be able to give all trowels a run TBH
MT sent me their 125th box
As a plasterer this is a dying craft TBH
We need to stick together and keep this great craft moving forward to the young that really want to serve their time at this great trade TBH?
Plasterers are a different animal to the rest of the construction industry TBH?
We fix other trades mistakes lads?
That's why we are different to the rest?
George what a breath of fresh air you are mate. Your love and enthusiasm for the job is infectious mate. Not too long ago was thinking of packing in. You know when work goes quiet or you've had really hard day and think f**k this s**t. There's always something that drags you back into it. Keep up the good work mate best of luck gary

Hi Gary mate, thanx for ur kind words mate
Plastering gets into u mate I honestly believe, for me, it's all the different aspects of the Craft that I honestly love doing mate, looking back to when I served my time, I think to myself, Jeepers how much I have learnt and hopefully will learn much more mate, as to me? Ur always serving ur time at this Trade mate
My old Uncle retired at 74 and to me was a great plasterer TBH mate, listening to the days when they scratched and floated ceiling back then with horse hair in the mix, tacking the old laths up, no mixers for the Hodsman, all mixed with a shovel, now look at it?
No plungers, tub mortars etc lol
Plastering is such an art and to me a Privilige to have been handed down the skills that we all use everyday Gary mate

Hi Gary mate, thanx for ur kind words mate
Plastering gets into u mate I honestly believe, for me, it's all the different aspects of the Craft that I honestly love doing mate, looking back to when I served my time, I think to myself, Jeepers how much I have learnt and hopefully will learn much more mate, as to me? Ur always serving ur time at this Trade mate
My old Uncle retired at 74 and to me was a great plasterer TBH mate, listening to the days when they scratched and floated ceiling back then with horse hair in the mix, tacking the old laths up, no mixers for the Hodsman, all mixed with a shovel, now look at it?
No plungers, tub mortars etc lol
Plastering is such an art and to me a Privilige to have been handed down the skills that we all use everyday Gary mate
Do you have an apprentice, sound like you got a lot of knowledge to pass on

Don't take this the worng way. U need help. How the f**k do u still love this s**t job. Let's be honest plastering has to be one of the worst jobs to have. I have 7 trowels I think and I thought that was sad lol. Fair play if u do like it. U sound like a nice bloke. I've been at this s**t for 18 years I think could be more lol and I hate it. I get up some mornings think what I have to do that day and just get back in to bed. f**k I think it is me that needs help.

Hi Lodan, no apprentice mate TBH, since moving to Perth, the plastering here bores me?
As the materials and methods are so far behind mate
I would honestly only ever want an apprentice that would be willing to work hard and listen mate..

Hi Lodan, no apprentice mate TBH, since moving to Perth, the plastering here bores me?
As the materials and methods are so far behind mate
I would honestly only ever want an apprentice that would be willing to work hard and listen mate..
Brings some of the modern ways to Perth and pioneer it :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hi Danny mate, it's monopolised out here mate TBH?
All the big companies have it tied up
They won't let Finish into here at all, and not just that mate? There are so many Plasterers out here that only want to float alone, or set etc?
Once most plasterers can do that out here, the interest goes Damny mate

Hi Danny mate, it's monopolised out here mate TBH?
All the big companies have it tied up
They won't let Finish into here at all, and not just that mate? There are so many Plasterers out here that only want to float alone, or set etc?
Once most plasterers can do that out here, the interest goes Damny mate

man that sucks!!!

Get some more of your plastering mates on here...