Marshalltown vs kraft elite

Status
Not open for further replies.
There made in Germany, so i think there probably manufactured by schwan.

I always found German hand tools (trowels etc) were of a poor standard when I was over there (1990's) they were not even riveted to the blade just tack welded and handles went loose in no time? still they make good cars tho :RpS_laugh:

use the tyzacks all the time mate, the double tang one ur on about had a maroon wooden handle.. just ordered the stainless refina today, the tyzacks now are not as good as the old ones ( made in sheffield ) think there fukin chinese now.. got a M/T for rendering... still got my old tyzack finishing trowel tho...

I still have a double tang tyzak which i bought in 1980 the handle aint maroon anymore and it isn't that far away from being the width of a pallet knife but cannot bring myself to part with it cos it was in with the first bag of tools i bought when i started my apprenticeship

I have a kraft 11 and its better than the mt 11 I have

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

I was only saying how it was when I was in Germany a good few year ago, am sure ze Germans have improved since then? I'll just stick to my marshall towns :RpS_thumbup:

I was only saying how it was when I was in Germany a good few year ago, am sure ze Germans have improved since then? I'll just stick to my marshall towns :RpS_thumbup:

kraft trowels are made in the usa.

QUOTE=malc;709443]kraft trowels are made in the usa.[/QUOTE]

didn't know that pal, you learn something every day :)

What would you say is the advantage of this over a good finishing trowel ?? cheers.
they just seem to finish a lot nicer,, you do have to be more carefull with them as they see a little fragile compared to mt and i dont think they will last as long ,, but still the best finishing trowels

I have the biggest and smallest versions of the refina s*p*r*lex and find them very good but still use the marshalltown 14x5 as well.

German trowels seem to heavy a steel for my liking.

Kraft make great tools

I have a refina super flex 11 inch and find this ok....... I also have a ragni 11 inch ok for the money....... I also have a tyzac double tang trowel from about 1985 I just hung onto it all these years (it never gets used) I don't like MT but I accept most people do (including my work mate)

I have a refina super flex 11 inch and find this ok....... I also have a ragni 11 inch ok for the money....... I also have a tyzac double tang trowel from about 1985 I just hung onto it all these years (it never gets used) I don't like MT but I accept most people do (including my work mate)
i use a ragni... for scrapping floors..lol... italian arent they.. there tiling trowels are ok, budget priced hey..

didnt some scouser invent them ??

I think that lad stuck one up all tidy with a proper handle and convinced Refina or went to them with the idea but lads have been sticking fire exit signs to old floats for at least 15 yrs.

Way before refina entertained mass production.

Kraft Elites are the best. Wont stain or rust. Finely packaged. Pre ground edges. Trowel blade protective cover. 30$ max price. Better handles. Started with Marshalltown. Not to impressed after burning concrete floors for a living. I had only 16x4 Stainless Steel Marshalltown that I loved. It was broken in very nice. Crazy Sharp and rocked like a boat. Until some re***d laborer kicked by accident. It was ****** after that.

Yep was a scouser who made the design refina use now... that's where I get my kit from.

Status
Not open for further replies.