Manchester Spreads n’ Vans

Members online

JessThePlasterer

Queen Jess Elizabeth I
What do you think about the clean air zone emissions tax thingy? £10 a day for a van. Coming in next year. Mither. Or maybe ok if you qualify for a grant to upgrade. ?

36EE512F-EF0F-41AE-BF00-77653FC4724B.png

18420500-1C6D-4F4D-87FC-E351502AADF8.png

@Damian plasterer
@madmonk

Cheeky bastards I'll probably take the grant if I can and get another van
Knowing my luck with grants n s**t I prob won’t qualify for reasons of the universe being against me or something!

I love my Betsy! I don’t think you can remodel a 1999 transit and it would certainly seem a waste of money to do so!

I might try plead the case she’s a beautiful antique and should be kept well out of this malarkey!

I’ve heard some people are getting around it by putting a lift on the back of their vans!

Knowing my luck with grants n s**t I prob won’t qualify for reasons of the universe being against me or something!

I love my Betsy! I don’t think you can remodel a 1999 transit and it would certainly seem a waste of money to do so!

I might try plead the case she’s a beautiful antique and should be kept well out of this malarkey!

I’ve heard some people are getting around it by putting a lift on the back of their vans!
Fuk that putting a lift on mine it's a 2012 citeon dispatch and in excellent condition. Did you not get any government grants ???

Fuk that putting a lift on mine it's a 2012 citeon dispatch and in excellent condition. Did you not get any government grants ???
Nope. I was in this weird middle ground because technically limited, left over from when I had a biz partner. I’d been saying to my accountant let’s get rid of this because it’s stupid on my own. And he said well you still have benefits with it so maybe get rid in a year or two.

and then someone ate a ronky bat which I did not see coming!

So I was out scabbing as much as I could with whatever materials I scrounged up

a lift isn’t a wholly terrible idea. Some mornings it would be useful just getting myself into my van!

Done the same in Birmingham recently. Glad I don’t go into the city centre to work. Just another cash cow. Thank god I don’t live in London.
Bet they force us all to swap soon mate , I’m after another van atm there’s electric everywhere in showrooms

I know a sparky who got An electric one a few years back on lease. Had customers asking for money off bill all the time cos he was having to charge it off their electric so he could get home. He has drove a diesel since the least was up.
Lol Some of the folks out there I can believe that , have a good one today

Something has to be done about it, Leeds is going the same way. But you drive into Leeds in summer and you can see the smog in the air, kids having asthma is on the rise, if kids are getting poorly, then it has to change. I don't know about charging direct as it effects the poor directly that can't afford new cars but I can't see an alternative.
Electric isn't feasible at the minute in volume there isn't the infrastructure there to support it. But if your driving an Old oil burning van it has to be on you. 2017 euro 6 onwards i.e. Ad blue is exempt, eventually old vans will phase out anyhow so won't be an issue. Or just past the daily cost on to the customer as a legit business expense.

For now, tenner a day onto the client bill, plus material delivery costs, as part of itemised quote, they chose to vote or not for the councillors and policy. Charges will rise over time to increase the pressure to buy into a very expensive lease deal.
Brum does not charge motorbikes (not sure about Manc), so in theory you could use a cart, but a couple of bags of multi on the back and you'll be like the donkey gif!

I Was up . But my accountant told me to take em . Saw all things you needed to qualify and proof you needed and decided to f**k it off

If you put your hand in the government cookie jar (even if you're invited to), you will more than likely have to pay in some way, down the line. Best to keep things simple and steer clear of temptation, even if everyone else is pigging-out at the trough (y)

Something has to be done about it, Leeds is going the same way. But you drive into Leeds in summer and you can see the smog in the air, kids having asthma is on the rise, if kids are getting poorly, then it has to change. I don't know about charging direct as it effects the poor directly that can't afford new cars but I can't see an alternative.
Electric isn't feasible at the minute in volume there isn't the infrastructure there to support it. But if your driving an Old oil burning van it has to be on you. 2017 euro 6 onwards i.e. Ad blue is exempt, eventually old vans will phase out anyhow so won't be an issue. Or just past the daily cost on to the customer as a legit business expense.
When I’m behind vans that are chucking out a ton of smoke and I have to throw the recirculation and air con on I wonder how the hell they get through the MOT. It’s obviously not strict enough.