making your own tools

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
iv'e been thinking about inventions all week has anybody thougt about a self wetting trowel for trwoelling up? like a trowel with a button on the handle like an iron that when you press will spray water . so you do'nt need a brush or a spray bottle etc. has that been done?

just use the iron :RpS_laugh: and you don't need to plug it in

Thinking of making those scaffold trestle things that kirk giordano uses on utube.

@malc what angle do you have your templates cut for your drips mate ? about 60 degree ?

i have never measured the angle, we just held a piece of ply up marked what we thought was a good angle, cut the ply and we always use the same piece of ply, so all our angles are the same.

Thinking of making those scaffold trestle things that kirk giordano uses on utube.

split heads! you just cut a lenght of scaffold board ,cut the width of a scaffoldboard out, where the bearer will fit. you need to place a piece of say 4 inch by 1 inch timber just under the cut out to stop the split head from splitting.

split heads! you just cut a lenght of scaffold board ,cut the width of a scaffoldboard out, where the bearer will fit. you need to place a piece of say 4 inch by 1 inch timber just under the cut out to stop the split head from splitting.

No you know the big iron fold out triangular things.

No you know the big iron fold out triangular things.

oh they are a splithead on a tripod, you use to be able to purchase those but i have not seen any for years, nobody puts up a low scaffold for ceilings now. that was a job fof the labour on a sunday to scaffold out 2 houses to skim the ceiling on mondays!

Iv made mi own mortar stand cost £6 and it's the perfect height.

they use to make all their own motar stands, dummeys as we called them. different hights to suite the hight of the plasterer. the early ones where just a fixed shape but they soon moved onto wooden folding stands.

Me dad's hawk was always home made was round for some reason though. And our shovel handles was always replaced with his home mades

Who invented u the should get a tool award

dont be sore it is only a joke!
you and me should work together as a comedy duo,
i know we can call ourselves the symblotics, ill be sym!. you can be ........

Last edited:
iv'e been thinking about inventions all week has anybody thougt about a self wetting trowel for trwoelling up? like a trowel with a button on the handle like an iron that when you press will spray water . so you do'nt need a brush or a spray bottle etc. has that been done?

How aboot a self slapping aboot the face glove? For when people talk shiz!

I've invented some boots that inflate for reaching ceilings that are just oot of reach. I call them "hillside heels"

Status
Not open for further replies.