making your own tools

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol watched yer show last night.. you like showln off your twanger dont you??? Funny as feck:RpS_thumbup:

Babe!! How's fern?? You ditched her cause of the bun in the oven??? Jenny Powell !!!! Shittt "fecking"iinng, Smash'em in????:RpS_thumbsup:

Babe!! How's fern?? You ditched her cause of the bun in the oven??? Jenny Powell !!!! Shittt "fecking"iinng, Smash'em in????:RpS_thumbsup:
i put up with it with holly cos she's bang tidy but soon as fern got babied i had to ditch her.............that jenny powell was on heat tuther night though eh

Try this url on youtube- Http;//youtu.be/Zx1ZSeXYdfI
I have made a short photo album showing three points of contact on ladders and demonstrating how the tool loads the trowel in one
sweep, this can also be used with other viscose materials.It has a wide patent to counter any infringements.If you were wanting to
render a patch or medium sized area this will be ideal because it cuts down on costs and time and still be secure with a hand free.

think youd have been better showing a vid of it in action rather than a slide show mate, at 2.09 i bet the paint went all over him! cant see it taking off mate!! good idea but I cant see it working its a bit crap youd be better tying ya belt round the ladders and having a handboard in ya other hand to be honest

The person at the begining of the photos is the M D of a construction training centre demonstrating the three points of contact.The
other bloke who you think had paint in situe had just finnished repointing the rear of a house and he did it to quick for me to return with my camara and catch him in action.It is always good to see the expression on peoples facees when they first use it-that was to easy.
The tool is not ment for paint realy,the way it happened was the woman who owns the house came out with a roller and asked when
can she start painting it,she tried the tool onbut soon took it of when a bloke in the crowd that had gathered said get that loaded up
with beer wench,anyway when the bloke put it back on it was to tight for his waist and it lifted the front a little.I have been in touch
with health and safety organizations and got replies from ROSPA who wrote to me asking for details to publish in their journal,HSE the
shattered lives programme replied with"we are always happy to here about innovations that prevent accidents and save lives,we are a
regulating body and unfortunately we are unable to endorse products,but we wish you luck wit this project.I designed this board for my
self initially because my left arm is paralyzed so tying things to ladders would be no good,how else would you load a trowel with one arm?.Tradesmen who have seen it realized what use his can be on ladders with a free hand,one fella said its like a boxer having three arms.

Has quick release clip,can be used on or off body,attach to ladder,a flat surface like table/trestle or on the ground against the wall in a
tripod manner.

why make your own tools pal their people on here that use coke cans, paintpots and flowerpots lmao;))

there was a person who used a flower pot and as far as i know he isnt anymore

iv'e been thinking about inventions all week has anybody thougt about a self wetting trowel for trwoelling up? like a trowel with a button on the handle like an iron that when you press will spray water . so you do'nt need a brush or a spray bottle etc. has that been done?

iv'e been thinking about inventions all week has anybody thougt about a self wetting trowel for trwoelling up? like a trowel with a button on the handle like an iron that when you press will spray water . so you do'nt need a brush or a spray bottle etc. has that been done?
nice one dave,, that sounds like it could be the dogs b*ll***s,,, id be up for buying one of them, :RpS_thumbsup:

The old boy i served my time with used to make his own tools, Marine ply handboard and floats made from yellow pine lovely tools for render, board was a bit heavy when it had gear on it mind
we used to do this, hawks we called them back then and you could make them a good size for 18" trowels ,floats we would form the handles and then sand them down with lost heads in the base of the float into the handles. Nice to use but a pain in the summer as you had to keep them in buckets of water to stop them shrinking or twisting

the irish have always been great inventors, they invented the lavatory seat, the english improved it of corse, they cut a hole in it !

90% of all tools made for pargetting are hand made, i have stamps that have been carved out of hardwood.
external angle trowels where made from a piece of copper pipe folded into shape with a small piece of copper welded on to form a handle.
i have a pair of hand made coving trowels made for coved skirtings, one with a 45 cut on both ends to form the internal and external angles.

Still make my own hawks plywood and mop stick handle

40/60 deg squares out of ply.

Cock & hen, fleur de lis templates etc out of ply

Banding templates. Out of ply.

I used to have a rod of re-bar welded to a bike sprocket to mix skimm.

And a 8" piece of 2x1 with bike spokes in it for a scratcher

My old board stand was welded up.

My dashing trowel was an old saw blade cut down to shape and riveted to an old trowel handle.

Bloody hell I think I made most of my tools when I started

we have templates cut on the angle which we use for the drip over windows on rendering.
have not used a ply hawk for years, i like the mt tungsten hawk.
you would not want a wooden hod they weighed a ton when they where empty and wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.