making plastic trowel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjp

going to be off for a few days had food poisoning so thinking about making my own plastic trowel sticking some plastic to my redundant 18 trowel. Anyone made one. Used a plastic trowel first time last week and thought they were great but maybe a bit springy to use early on in set. Whats best glue

Let us know how you get on with that Marra ? Post a pic? You might just get refina worried, yeh Evo stik contact adhesive mate, at least if the trowel don't go well you can get buzzed out yer tits:RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited:
you could well be right. But i'll have a go anyway. Thought it might be good for flattening. The 18 inch trowel is never used

you are going the wrong way about it pal! i made mine years ago by screwing a fire exit sign to a wooden t-bar. i can polish a whole wall without a hop up and apply alot more pressure without straining my wrist!

going to be off for a few days had food poisoning so thinking about making my own plastic trowel sticking some plastic to my redundant 18 trowel. Anyone made one. Used a plastic trowel first time last week and thought they were great but maybe a bit springy to use early on in set. Whats best glue

Are you from Scotland? :rolleyes)

Last edited:
So yo made the wooden tee and it lasted ok. If you scew the plastic to the tee bar won't that ruin plastic for finishing. Haven't done it yet as £15 for sign. Got to be some free or cheap somewhere.

Got one and its great but rip off price for bit of plastic (replacement blade) and i don't think it will last long. Almost recovered it would be nice to get sick pay. I miss that.

Got one and its great but rip off price for bit of plastic (replacement blade) and i don't think it will last long. Almost recovered it would be nice to get sick pay. I miss that.
Does that mean the trowel makin venture is binned??

First post on this forum ! Or any other has it happens, here goes , I've just bought one of them there plastic trowels 14'' ! Was hoping someone could advise me on the best stage to use it on multi ? Had a go today and wasn't that impressed ! What am I doin wrong ? Answers much appreciated

ive really gone off my one recently get a much better finish with the ss trowel i might just use it for final cross and thats it

Mine only ever comes out for stair winders now and even then it's rare. can honestly say ive tried alot of gadgets and gizmos and you cant beat flattening with the s*p*r*lex and finishing with the ss trowel.

Mine only ever comes out for stair winders now and even then it's rare. can honestly say ive tried alot of gadgets and gizmos and you cant beat flattening with the s*p*r*lex and finishing with the ss trowel.

I take it you mean a s*p*r*lex spat Steve? If so do you use a big one (oh ar missus), say 1m?

Yes mate ive got the 1000mm s*p*r*lex spat. I've tried using it to finish with and at the time it looks ok but once dried I'm not entirely happy. So now I just use it to flatten my first coat and sometimes I'll flatten my second coat once with it. Is also good for straightening angles such as on raked ceilings or like today we gave some kitchen walls a tight coat of Bonding and ran that over them and it takes all the lines out and flattens it a treat ready for skimming

Oh I do Dave. Keep the sleeve on it when I'm not using it and it's got it's own place in the van out the way of everything else

Status
Not open for further replies.