Make good multi skim.

Members online

I’ve had hassle off the painter about painting the first batch stuff ,his roller goes about 3ft and that’s it paint sucked up n that’s after 2 coats wtf

As we all know multi can be inconsistent as can the boards. I reskimmed a house where ceilings where over boarded and walls overskim. Walls reacted far better than ceilings. I'll be trying make good soon on a variety of surfaces using different application processes, I will give a full impartial and unbiased view. If the manufacturers get constructive feedback they can adapt the formula to suit the UK market which will be in all our benefits.

As we all know multi can be inconsistent as can the boards. I reskimmed a house where ceilings where over boarded and walls overskim. Walls reacted far better than ceilings. I'll be trying make good soon on a variety of surfaces using different application processes, I will give a full impartial and unbiased view. If the manufacturers get constructive feedback they can adapt the formula to suit the UK market which will be in all our benefits.
It should of been tested before this stage

Why does every1 care so much about the plaster.its a job which is piss easy these days..never had this years ago everyone just got on with it then trotted down to the pub

Best of luck with make goood , I like plasterers1stopshop
I worked with a plasterer years ago that worked all over Germany and Holland in the 90s, during the last plaster shortage people were importing French and polish plasters that noone could use but old Mik persevered adapted his routine until it worked. None of us want to use this adaptive approach in people's homes but if it's just a few gentle tweaks then could be beneficial, if I think it is inferior to Multi or board then I won't flog it

I suspect people care about the plaster because it makes their working day either good and productive or s**t and unproductive, it also counts what your customer thinks of the finish you get otherwise they won’t use you again or put your name forward to others
If you've lost jobs through not being able to get a good/finish on a bag of multi well fun me sideways.you cannot get anything easier for a semi competent plaster on skimming a boarded or over skim wall..IT IS NOT rocket science

I worked with a plasterer years ago that worked all over Germany and Holland in the 90s, during the last plaster shortage people were importing French and polish plasters that noone could use but old Mik persevered adapted his routine until it worked. None of us want to use this adaptive approach in people's homes but if it's just a few gentle tweaks then could be beneficial, if I think it is inferior to Multi or board then I won't flog it
Remember lots promoted unifinish without seeing the problems , I warned of the weakness in the product but the nodding dogs said it’s great it’s great solves all problems , now it’s a historical product , such a shame , it was a nice product

Remember lots promoted unifinish without seeing the problems , I warned of the weakness in the product but the nodding dogs said it’s great it’s great solves all problems , now it’s a historical product , such a shame , it was a nice product
Lovely to use just really bad marketing by bg

Lovely to use just really bad marketing by bg
Bg allowed people to test it who were in awe of BG , the pitfalls were ignored , tge grumpy sceptical spreads were ignored , you can’t ignore your market , make good are on the Blackfoot now , loads will always believe it’s crap ,
The Irish carlite and carlite ultra is really good although expensive

Bg allowed people to test it who were in awe of BG , the pitfalls were ignored , tge grumpy sceptical spreads were ignored , you can’t ignore your market , make good are on the Blackfoot now , loads will always believe it’s crap ,
Blackfoot!? No need for racism

Blackfoot!? No need for racism
1594761368218.jpeg

The make good guys put out there if u fancy a trip to Birmingham they will swap the old batch for the new
Also p1 are sending new batch of make good out to anybody who purchased the first with them!!

If you've lost jobs through not being able to get a good/finish on a bag of multi well fun me sideways.you cannot get anything easier for a semi competent plaster on skimming a boarded or over skim wall..IT IS NOT rocket science
I haven’t lost any jobs me old mucka we only operate through word of mouth, this threads about the make good stuff not Multi finish which is crap and if you are as old as you imply you will remember carlite finish, board finish and multi finish when it first came out none of which required you owning more than two trowels and the finish was infinitely better than today’s with your speed skimmers and a myriad of different trowels and still end up with a fat covered wall or ceiling

You are right about the Irish stuff, my boy loves it, you get the finish we used to in the eighties and nineties before the crap we have now was fiddled with. If we can get it it will be Carlite or Carlite Ultra finish for us from now on and it’s grey not sissy pink a win all round

I haven’t lost any jobs me old mucka we only operate through word of mouth, this threads about the make good stuff not Multi finish which is crap and if you are as old as you imply you will remember carlite finish, board finish and multi finish when it first came out none of which required you owning more than two trowels and the finish was infinitely better than today’s with your speed skimmers and a myriad of different trowels and still end up with a fat covered wall or ceiling
Yes I remember,but I didn't struggle then and I don't struggle now.

Yes I remember,but I didn't struggle then and I don't struggle now.
I’m not saying you or anyone did or does struggle I’m just saying the Multi finish today is crap compared to what plaster was like in the eighties and nineties, the stuff froze those times wasn’t affected by the damp or winter if you can’t remember buy a few bags of the Irish stuff it will remind you of how easy it should be and was