Make good multi skim any one managed to get any sort of consistent finish

Members online

Do not use it its a pile of s**t ball c**t face! Literally using right this second. Dam builder thought he was doing me a favor. Its like trying to skim with chewing gum. s**t consitency and goes of like s**t. IT'S JUST s**t
Sounds like you’ve got the first batch. That’s was most people reaction to using the first batch! Lol

Sounds like you’ve got the first batch. That’s was most people reaction to using the first batch! Lol
Will neva use it again. Put 1st coat on at 9 and only just giving it a last trowel [2.30]and still looks s**t might have to reskim with multi when I get some. Unless decorator is in a good mood.

any skim is easy to use
its the dinlo chav using it
20200724_080140.jpg

I used it today for the first time on board work,even put two coats of pva on the boards the day before,I've been plastering for 33 years and I tried every trick and trowel to get a proper finish.its either too wet or it just goes off in various areas so theres no consistency.I had 20 bags delivered and still have 17 left,might give the stuff away or was thinking it may be ok for a first coat when skimming over artex.NEVER again.
I.ll have it mate @Cockney1

I used it today for the first time on board work,even put two coats of pva on the boards the day before,I've been plastering for 33 years and I tried every trick and trowel to get a proper finish.its either too wet or it just goes off in various areas so theres no consistency.I had 20 bags delivered and still have 17 left,might give the stuff away or was thinking it may be ok for a first coat when skimming over artex.NEVER again.
Firstly what made you think that PVA'ing the boards would help? And secondly, after that experience, what makes you think that using it as a first coat over Artex would be a good idea?

Firstly what made you think that PVA'ing the boards would help? And secondly, after that experience, what makes you think that using it as a first coat over Artex would be a good idea?
i put pva on the boards as they'd been up a while and as it was a hot loft they would've sucked the life out of BG so was just being precautious with the make good to give me half a chance before it set.as for the first coat on an artex ceiling i'm not even going to use it for that, its so unpredictable i wouldn't trust it.just seems like a waste of money not using it.might try to make bread with it instead.

Last edited:
Me again...

On the tech docs of this shite, somewhere I read when swearing at it, it does state to PVA plasterboards... I was like "How bent is that?" :D

Regarding photo's, like I said, when I looked at it afterwards, it looks reasonable, I thought I'd got away with it, and a photo would of looked flat too, but shine a torch up it, low sun or a downlighter... Its a horrendous finish, probably depends on what you find an acceptable finish, looking flat doesnt mean it's flat, I know I can make BG stuff flat that when it's torched, there's very little shines out, no matter if it's on boards, backing coat plaster, render or a reskim... I'm pretty confident of my finish. With this stuff, pfffft, sod knows, and if someone has found a knack, then good on them, doesnt make them special, they managed to get on with it, but I'll never use it again, I dont want to learn how to use it, I know what I know with other brands and I'll just use them, BnQ can go for a run and jump! :D

Which is how I found they are stocking this too... Basically, BG apparently dont do accounts anymore, merchants have to buy it straight off the bat, a few have moved over to others because of it, Jewsons went to Knauf and BnQ have went to this donkey shite, Travis it seems still have BG, so, Travis is getting my trade, and I need all sorts for this house.

All I can say is, BnQ are really slitting their own throats with this stuff if you ask me!

Me again...

On the tech docs of this shite, somewhere I read when swearing at it, it does state to PVA plasterboards... I was like "How bent is that?" :D

Regarding photo's, like I said, when I looked at it afterwards, it looks reasonable, I thought I'd got away with it, and a photo would of looked flat too, but shine a torch up it, low sun or a downlighter... Its a horrendous finish, probably depends on what you find an acceptable finish, looking flat doesnt mean it's flat, I know I can make BG stuff flat that when it's torched, there's very little shines out, no matter if it's on boards, backing coat plaster, render or a reskim... I'm pretty confident of my finish. With this stuff, pfffft, sod knows, and if someone has found a knack, then good on them, doesnt make them special, they managed to get on with it, but I'll never use it again, I dont want to learn how to use it, I know what I know with other brands and I'll just use them, BnQ can go for a run and jump! :D

Which is how I found they are stocking this too... Basically, BG apparently dont do accounts anymore, merchants have to buy it straight off the bat, a few have moved over to others because of it, Jewsons went to Knauf and BnQ have went to this donkey shite, Travis it seems still have BG, so, Travis is getting my trade, and I need all sorts for this house.

All I can say is, BnQ are really slitting their own throats with this stuff if you ask me!
Why would u shine a torch down your walls ??

Me again...

B and q is a load of toss, any decent tradesman don’t use diy stores pal

Why would u shine a torch down your walls ??

Because it brings up any trowel marks or missed filling when trowelling off... which will show themselves under certain conditions, like, when downlighters are fitted, low sun coming through a window. I've been on many new build sites where the site manager goes torch happy snagging, even picking out paint brush lines as snagging, on these sites, it was best to check, especially in winter when working under festoon lights, because, some of them would have you back.

B and q is a load of toss, any decent tradesman don’t use diy stores pal

Lol, corrrr, you must be a speshul plasterer "pal", listen "mate", before I swapped careers, I would go anywhere for what I needed if it was at hand. Doesnt make sense to me if I needed 12 plasterboards and drove past a BnQ to get to a builders merchants 5 miles further up the road! :D

Like driving past the Coop to get to an MnS for a bottle of milk, cos like, MnS is where it's at innit... "Pal"! :D

Because it brings up any trowel marks or missed filling when trowelling off... which will show themselves under certain conditions, like, when downlighters are fitted, low sun coming through a window. I've been on many new build sites where the site manager goes torch happy snagging, even picking out paint brush lines as snagging, on these sites, it was best to check, especially in winter when working under festoon lights, because, some of them would have you back.

Lol, corrrr, you must be a speshul plasterer "pal", listen "mate", before I swapped careers, I would go anywhere for what I needed if it was at hand. Doesnt make sense to me if I needed 12 plasterboards and drove past a BnQ to get to a builders merchants 5 miles further up the road! :D

Like driving past the Coop to get to an MnS for a bottle of milk, cos like, MnS is where it's at innit... "Pal"! :D
Listen pal, u were moaning how shite b an q was , and I pointed out that any decent tradesmen don’t use diy stores u dummy, u must be shite lol

Bnq have BG bendy boards , Wickes have knauf , happy to drive the extra 10 miles trip for knauf boards , not ever using BG boards if I can help it
And don't use Travis etc , poor storage of skim ( not a problem in summer )
And the amount I buy it's too expensive and I'm not arguing or hassling with staff for a fair price
Plus , try pulling a pallet of stud apart for the good ones , no problem doing this in Wickes

My local b&q had 6 palettes of make good multi today. Going all in on it. Hired it's a standard stock item now

Cant see the issue with MG, if your a decent spread (clearly this place doesnt have many) its a piece of piss................................This place............. :hueco:

Some very mixed reviews on the MG Multi

One thing I can say, is the new formula is being well received and is selling well for us.

Some got on with the older stuff, many didn’t, fair play to MG for listening and making the right changes - they are here for the trade