Make good multi skim any one managed to get any sort of consistent finish

Skullduggery

Had another go with it today. It's not as like someone remarked as forgiving as BG and the timings are different. I couldn't get lines out without adding water and the water just reactivates it again and you're back to square one. Parts are drying and others still wet. I can only assume this gear would be good over plasterboard. I would like to see people's work over artex and most jobs I've seen are over board where drying times are even. It don't touch BG for me even though it's had its own problems.

Billvis

Called in to P1 over lockdown for some render. This was the £30 for a bag of BG on on eBay era. Told by lad at counter that MG is great stuff, all comes from Turkey where the gypsum is purer than the stuff BG mine from East Leake (Loughborough way).

I used it today, and I'm really f#cked off. Gonna need to waste another day to 'make good'.

I don't buy this crap about new batches and formulations. It's clearly a cheap Turkish product, repackaged for the UK market by some Brummies.

I hate BG as much as the next man. Really hacked off all round.

Plasterers1StopShop

Private Member
Called in to P1 over lockdown for some render. This was the £30 for a bag of BG on on eBay era. Told by lad at counter that MG is great stuff, all comes from Turkey where the gypsum is purer than the stuff BG mine from East Leake (Loughborough way).

I used it today, and I'm really f#cked off. Gonna need to waste another day to 'make good'.

I don't buy this crap about new batches and formulations. It's clearly a cheap Turkish product, repackaged for the UK market by some Brummies.

I hate BG as much as the next man. Really hacked off all round.
If you used it today, and purchased during lockdown. I would firstly be questioning if it’s the new batch. And secondly if it’s in date.

Don’t get me wrong, the first stuff wasn’t right and we lost a fortune and sent a lot back! However, the new formulation is getting the right results

tapit

If you used it today, and purchased during lockdown. I would firstly be questioning if it’s the new batch. And secondly if it’s in date.

Don’t get me wrong, the first stuff wasn’t right and we lost a fortune and sent a lot back! However, the new formulation is getting the right results
I know how you feel.