Magnetic plaster

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
BG have the market by the balls in the uk so they don't have to react urgently to things like New bags etc ........ dancing to their own tune at the moment and only when firms like knauf make a push to get there gear in stores more readily will BG take notice of there customers.......let's face it were all still buying there gear :RpS_laugh:

Hi, it was given to me today. Can confirm the price is £55 per bag.The material will be available from mid April

25kg bag I got it from a regional director as there were lots asking price and when. Merchants sale price I am told

And then you've got what the builders yard want on top hmmm can't see anyone stocking it which makes it a good option. Hmmmm need a few bags now :(

Flynnyman that will be key merchants sale price but dont think I can pull any more strings already applied the thumgscrews Seeing BG on 14th March will try a beg for a pallet

im gonna make my own magnetic wall and make a vid to go with it.
and its gonna be cheaper and more magnetic than there ****

I believe magnetic would be popular as I will buy one bag when it becomes available to order and give it a go on one section in our kitchen so my kids can put up their work , newsletters from school, reminders for my business and my missus' shopping list and bills.
dont forget your magnets paper will just fall off

No builders yard will stock it at that price they were pulling their faces at the price of uni which put a lot off never mind the fact it failed. Looks like it's gonna be a special order direct to BG and to be honest I'm glad it's that price but the problem with the gear is yards stocking it and they better sort the problems out with the bags coz at £55 a pop you won't want to be splitting any of their bags. I'm thinking of inventing a a magnetic shovel and sweeping brush :)

I have two jobs at the minute who would Deffo have it but one might pay to have it reskimmed with it so all might not be lost.

But it's gonna contain iron or something so a 25kg bag is bound to be smaller than a 25kg bag of gypsum innit bruv?

i recon a sheet of eml ran round the room bonded over and skimmed will not only be better but cheaper. a skim coat of this stuff needs to be very well bonded to the wall, not the sort of stuff i would want to sell as a reskim.

Been to see one job today who want it which is good but something they pointed out which I never thought of was "can I use it for putting up my Christmas decorations" and my answer was yes and also for kids birthdays ;)

There would be no better way to gauge whether this will be feasible then possibly handing out a few bags to maybe 10 different plasterers. No one will figure the product out better then the people slinging it up a wall every day of the fricking week

Cheers @Danny I could always volunteer my services as love to try new things
but I am sceptical after the uni finish palava

Last edited by a moderator:
not everything works and even though unifinish was tested it can take a while for the bugs to come out...

I will be playing with the magnetic stuff soon enough as I plan on using it in my new office :D If it doesnt work (which I doubt) then it will just be another wall and I will carry on using bluetak :)

Status
Not open for further replies.